Chapter 16

Laureen's POV

Katie was getting better and better at leaving me stunned.

''Did I just see you and Adrian walk away without wanting to kill each other?'', I asked her as we walked to the basketball court for my daily practice.

''Yeah, shocking? He isn't so bad, you know.'', Katie said, laughing.

What.

''Okay, you schizo kid. What's happening here?'', I asked.

''Schizo? Lau, will you calm down.'', she said, still smiling. 

''You're telling me to calm down? You? Telling me? Seriously?'', I asked, starting to lose it.

''Okay now you just sound paranoid. Chill. It turns out we can have a civil conversation.'', she said as we stopped at the court. 

''Now, change and go play. It'll help.'', she said, patting me on the back, ''I'll see you later.''

I just waved because I din't quite trust myself with words right now. 

I mean, what's wrong with the girl? First she wants to bite the head right off of Adrian and now she says he's not that bad. Not that it isn't good, but it's just a little confusing. 

Thankfully she was right when she said basketball will help. I went to the changing room and got into my red shorts and red t-shirt, our team uniform. I tied my hair in a bun and went out on the court to warm up. After a few excercises I threw a few hoops. Within no time I was already in form, playing a friendly match with the rest of the team. 

Thank God for Basketball. It always helps me keep my calm. It keeps me centered. It's like my own personal hideout when I need to think. And now I shall stop advertising it. 

After about an hour of practice it was lunch break so I showered and went to meet the girls. Turns out they had company. A particular new guy, lean and all that. 

''Hello ladies. Adrian.'', I said, giving him a nod and looking at Katie for an explanation. 

''So, we were just trying to come up with a theme for The Dance. Any ideas, Lau?'', said Nikki, pulling a chair from the other table for me. 

''You know I was thinking gambling, tuxedos and Bond, James Bond.'', she continued all dramatic.

''Honey, we all have seen Twilight back when we were dumb, you know.'', I said, sitting down and taking a bite of her sandwich. 

''Oh please, you seriously think that we don't know about your so called secret obssession with Twilight?'', Nikki replied and I turned a teeny bit red. How did they know?

''Aww, it's okay, Lau. We're not judging. I'm sure more than one person likes Twilight on this table. And remembers all the dialogues as well.'', Kat said, with a winning smirk. Then she just grinned at Adrian and he responded with a glare. 

I am just not going to react to that anymore. 

''Okay, so we can probably ask around a little to see what the majority wants. Anything common and worth it, we'll check it up.'', said Adrian, sounding a bit like he wanted to kill someone. Maybe Katie?

''Don't even bother. You will want to rip your own ears off. Too many groups. Too many different suggestions. It'll just lead to more confusion.'', Sarah said. 

''You might want to add in a fight or two as well, depending on the disagreeing people.'', I said. Some of the jocks here could get pretty tough with each other. 

''Yeah, that too. So, it's just better to think of a topic we're all cool with and put it up. There's always going to be two parties, for and against. What we can hope is that we satisfy atleast the majority.'', said Sarah. 

''All Hail!'', Nikki said, bowing down to Sarah, followed by all of us. 

After a good laugh Adrian said, ''But shouldn't we work out something that everybody is okay with. I mean, all of them should have fun.''

''Oh My God, Adrian. Are you actually caring for other people, like a person that isn't, well, you?'', said Katie. 

She just snapped at him. I don't know if it's right but I actually felt a bit at peace. All was back to normal. 

''Oh honey, don't be jealous. I obviously care for you the most.'', Adrian said with mock affection to which Kat just grinned. 

Leave it to him to burst my peace bubble. 

''ANYWAYS.'', I said loud enough to get their attention, ''As Parker said, I don't think it's possible to please everybody, Adrian.''

''We can try atleast. It would be great if we can make sure all of them have a great time.'', he said. 

''Yeah, I guess we could try.'', Kat said, smiling at Adrian, which he returned.

I know it looks like I'm over-reacting. But after all that's happened, not that any of it is his fault, I'm just worried the slightest thing may trigger her memory. And the doctors said that may not turn out so good. And Adrian knew it. Yet he was getting close to her. Why would he do this ? After all, he loved her, din't he? 

A.N : Not that big of an update but yeah, it's something. :P So, enjoy. :) Unedited Lol. :P 

- H. :)