Chapter 11

So, ten minutes after hanging up on Adrian, I was in some decent clothes and down the stairs. I left a message for mom saying I'd be late and not to worry. I took my bag from where it was thrown on the couch and closing the door, I checked everything I had to take in my head;

Bag. Check.

Wallet. Check.

I was out on the street, walking it to the main road so I could get a cab. I took out the crumpled piece of paper from the front pocket of my jeans in which Adrian had scribbled his address. It took me a lot of squinting to understand what was written. It felt like this code I had to crack or something. He did mention that his house was brown and white on the outside, so that would make it easy to spot. On finding a cab, I got in and gave him the general direction in which he had to go. We were there in about 20 minutes, courtesy of traffic. I paid the cabbie, got down and found myself looking at two rows of brown and white houses on either side! Whoa, that guy was real helpful.

I took out the piece of paper again and squinted, trying to understand the number. I think it was 3/102, so I searched for the house. Almost at the end of the street, I was wondering if I was even on the right street when Voila! 3/102, read a wooden piece of plaque just above the mail box.

I opened the door only to be greeted by two big fluffy cute things, licking my foot. They were so cute! Now, I am not that big a fan of dogs, but these two were too cute to not like. They were Labradors, that too.

"Sammy? Where are you, boy?" said a small boy, coming out of the front door of the house. He's probably 10 or 12 years old with jet black hair, a lean body and blue eyes that could be spotted from where I was standing. He saw me and gave a look that asked, "Do I know you?" but not in a rude way.

"Hey. Um, is this the Ivanov's house?" I asked.

"Yes. Can I help you?" he asked.

"I-"

"Who's there, Aaron?" came a voice from inside the house.

A woman, rather young looking with really pretty and subtle features, long black wavy hair till her waist, sparkling eyes and overall a very pleasant sight, walked toward us.

"Hello, I'm Katie, Katie Campbell. I study with Adrian. I actually had to help him catch up so we decided to meet up, if that's okay." I rambled, as is normal in my case when I meet new people- and I stress on people so that you exclude Adrian from the equation- without even knowing if I'm in the right house for sure.

"Oh, that's nice. Adrian's made a friend on his first day! Hello, Katie. I'm Adrian's mother, Ariana. This is Aaron, my second son. I'm really happy you could come over. Please come inside." Mrs. Ivanov said, gesturing toward the house.

She was his mom ?! But she looks so young! Ah, nevermind.

I smiled politely and followed Mrs. Ivanov and Aaron into the house. On entering, I almost gasped. Right across from the door was a beautiful garden blossoming with flowers of the most beautiful kind and in the middle of it was a pool, shining with the reflection of the setting sun on it. Being a sucker for beautiful sceneries, I could live in that garden for the life of mine.

"Adrian! Your friend Katie's come!" Mrs. Ivanov shouted from the bottom of the stairs. Then, turning to me, she smiled and said, "I've just got out a fresh batch of cookies. Nothing great, just Chocolate Chip. Aaron really likes them. Make yourself at home. I will be right back with some of those cookies."

"No, Mrs Ivanov that is really not needed." I said, gushing.

"I'm positive they're edible, Katie. You don't need to worry. And, please, call me Ariana." she said, all in good humour.

"Okay, Mrs Ivanov. I mean, Ariana." I said, with a smile. I really like this lady.

Ariana went to the kitchen and I couldn't find Aaron so I found a couch in the living room and went and sat down. Having nothing to do, I took out my phone and was replying to my texts.

"Kitty cat! I never thought you'd make it."

I looked up and froze in the middle of typing back a reply because sue me, but I do not find it normal to look at such a sight and be cool with it. Because, not only was it Adrian-which if you ask me is enough reason to want to run to the other end of the World- but it was Adrian, naked!

A/N : Hello there. Yes, I am alive. Yes, I will try my best to regularly update. I was just stuck what with all the exams and assignments! Anyways, I hope you forgive me for the hiatus and you like the chapter. :) Until next time,

H. :))

P.S : it's unedited. So, am sorry for spelling errors, if any. :)