Chapter 10

Yello all you lovely Wattpaders. :D Really sorry for the late update... I wasn't really up to writing. Anyways, here's the latest unedited chapter. :) Enjoy!

''I'm telling you Lau, this guy's pure evil and such a pest. God, he gets on my nerves..'' I said, rambling in an octave much higher than normal, walking down the corridor after the end of Economics period. 

Laureen stopped me in my tracks, put her hands on my shoulders and shook me. ''Where is my friend, Katie Campbell? What did you do with her?'' she asked. 

Told ya. Dramatic. 

But I realised she was right. I was never like this. I was the calm and composed one among us. What did happen to me? Oh wait, I know. JERKFACE happened. 

''Sorry. I just...I don't know why I'm getting so angry.'' I said in a defeated tone.

''You need to chill. And you know what? I know just the thing that will do the job. Let's hit the mall after school, okay?'' Lau said, with a knowing smile. 

''How you know me.'' I said, sighing. ''But I can't go. I'm going over to Adrian's.'' 

''You're what? You have got to be kidding me.'' said Nikita.

''Serious?'' asked Laureen. 

''Yeah. It's a long story. Actually, it isn't. But I'm too bored to explain. I just have to go.'' I said, putting my legs in front of each other like they were made of lead. 

''You found him too hot to resist, aye?'' asked Sarah, wearing a mischievous smile. 

''Shutup. I have to help him catch up is all.'' I said, too tired to argue. 

''You can do that at school as well.'' said Sarah. 

''Yes, I know that. But yeah, long story short, I'm going to his place. Just for today.'' I said. 

''Just for today. Yeah right!'' said Nikki from behind me. ''Ouch!''

She deserved that kick. 

After that, the periods went by pretty fast, lunch being all about what I was going to wear, talk, do, how I was going to sit, stand, smile, etc etc etc at Adrian's, through which I was sitting there absolutely mute. Yep, they were obsessed. 

When school was over for the day, we said our BYEs. I walked to the bus stop and waited for a few minutes. The bus pulled up in its regular spot and I walked up to it. 

I got in, greeted the driver, Joe, with a smile and went and sat in my regular seat, second from the last by the window. 

''How was today, honey?'' asked Mr. Hudson.

''It went by alright. How was your day?'' I asked with a smile. 

Mr. Hudson was my bus buddy. We have been coming back in the same bus since I was a kid. So, we exchange a few conversations, talk about our day to each other and all. 

''Good, good. We added a new dish to the menu and people loved it.'' he said.

He owned a small chinese restaurant a little outside the city. It was one of my favourite restaurants, what with the beautiful view, the cozy feeling and how can I forget? The food!

''Oh! That goes without saying, Mr. Hudson.'' I said with a beaming smile. 

He laughed and said, ''You should come by and taste it. Ramirez is waiting to hear your feedback in particular.'' 

Ramirez was their head chef and I knew him quite well too. He would always give me his new dishes, asking me to ''scrutinize it''. I think one of the reasons I loved that place was because the entire staff was like family.