Chapter 2

Today was the day that I would meet the boys of the house.

            I was nervous about meeting them officially; I had seen them before when I came here to get stuff for my house, with my parent. Tears welled up in my eyes. It was going to take a long time before I got over their deaths. Maybe I never would.

            This was another reason that I was nervous I’m in a very fragile state and even thinking about my parents brings tears to my eyes. I can’t imagine what would happen if one of them asked where my parents were or why I was even here. Actually, I can, I would burst into tears and run back to my room.

            I focused on the task at hand, getting ready. I was already dressed, Gwen had given me some of her clothes, we were about the same size and she has great taste. I didn’t feel like I was wearing something an adult would wear, I felt like I was wearing my own clothes.

            Gwen had also given me some make-up. A lot of concealer, which I just finished applying around my eyes. Yup my eyes they were nice and red and puffy, from crying myself to sleep last night. I also had purple shadows and bags under my eyes from the terrible dreams I had had last night

            No need to relive that I’m sure you can guess what my nightmares were about.

            I looked at myself in the mirror; my face looked fine now that I had finished with my eyes. The rest of my face looked great I’ve always had a clear complexion. I inherited that from my mom.

            Huh, no tears. I guess if I thought about their good attributes I wouldn’t cry.

            My brown eyes looked big and very pretty. I hadn’t bothered with any mascara, there was no water-proof and I wasn’t risking my face looking like a big smudgy mess.

            Finally, my long thick dark brown hair was hanging in layered waves down my back. I didn’t look too bad. Maybe it was because of my upcoming birthday, I was turning sixteen in a week or it’s because my body figures I’m a complete mess on the inside and took pity on my outward appearance. I mean I was a mess for many reasons but the upcoming encounter was really bothering me I have to live here for the next few years. What if they didn’t like me?

            I looked at the clock, it said it was ten. I guess I should head downstairs. I went to go stand up when there was a knock on my door.

            “Come in.” I called and Gwen entered the room.

            “Morning.” She said. “Breakfast’s ready.”

            “’Kay, I’m ready so we can go.”

            We left my room and Gwen les me through the maze of hallways and down flights of stairs and we ended up in a dining room a different one than the one last night, like I said this place is huge.

            The Dining table must have had twenty-five seats. All filled with boys except for five seats; mine and the heads. Gulp.

            And as I entered, they were all staring at one thing… Me!

            “Who’s that?” One boy asked. He looked like he was about the same age as me and he was gorgeous! He has dark brown hair and his eyes. His eyes were unbelievable they were a mix of gold and green but it made a solid color.

            “She’s pretty.” Another boy said dreamily and this one was a boy. He looked like he was around ten or eleven. I could tell he would be a heartbreaker when he got older, right away. He had thick messy black hair and dark blue eyes.

            “Shhhhh.” Another boy hissed as he elbowed him in the side.

            “Yeah, shut up Finn.” Another boy teased. He looked just like the previous boy; blonde with brown eyes.

            “Everyone this is Becca.” Gwen introduced interrupting the guys chatter. “She will be staying with us for a while.”

            Murmurs went around the room, but I couldn’t catch what anyone was saying. I took a seat besides Gwen and when I looked up I was looking straight into the gold-green eyes of the guy from earlier.

            “Hey.” He said. “I’m Alec.”

            “Becca.” I replied.

            “So, I heard.” He responded but in a friendly way and flashed an award-winning smile. “Tell me.” He began. “Why are you here?” He asked but it was in a nice way, once again but that didn’t change my reaction. I frowned and felt tears welling up in my eyes. I’m such a crybaby but I can’t help it, it’s barely been a day since they were murdered.

            “Okay, okay. It’s okay.” He said in a soothing voice. Now, I feel stupid but he is really nice. “When did you get here?”

            “Last night.” I answered.

            “Are you really staying for a while?” He asked.

            “Yup.”

            He smiled, “Well that just made my day.”

            I grinned back. He’s a flirt but I couldn’t help it. I liked him.

            “It’s only ten.” I pointed out.

             He laughed and so did I.

            I think I was going to like it here.