Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I wake up sometime later to see that the sun is high in the sky beaming down on us. I note that Colton and Alec are both fast asleep beside me. Colton still has his hand resting on my head, almost as if he fell asleep while stroking my hair.

            I slowly move Colton’s hand off of my hair and I sit up and blink my eyes to try to get the sleep out of them. I notice that Parker is still driving and I see that the passenger seat is empty; I must have missed that when I first got into the car.

            Gingerly I untangle my legs and push one through the opening between the passenger and driver’s seat. I’m careful not to hit Parker too much and it’s not that hard either, the space is easy to get through, because I’m so small or the vehicle is big.

            Once my right knee is resting on the seat I pull my left one in behind me and I get settled in my seat I look over at Parker.

            “What the hell are you doing?” he asks, raising an eyebrow at me with an amused look on his face.

            “Sitting in a car, what does it look like?” I say and he chuckles at me.

            “Why?”

            “Because Alec and Colton are asleep,” I turn my head around to look at the back of the car, “and the triplets are as well.”

            “So you decided to come up here and talk to me?” Parker asks.

            “It’s not like I have any choice,” I grin. “Are you going to drive the whole way?”

            He nods, “Probably, everyone else can drive, even Colton, but once we get closer I’ll have to drive anyways because I’m the only one that has a license. None of them have even gotten a fake one yet.”

            “So I’m the only one who doesn’t know how to drive,” I say.

            “You don’t know how to drive?” Parker says, looking amused.

            “Well, no, not a car per say,” I reply. “But I’m sure I could figure it out.”

            “Yeah you could figure it out right up until you run into a tree,” he says, rolling his eyes, before focusing back on the road.

            “Yeah, I mean how hard can it be?” I ask.

            “Okay I’ll make you a deal,” Parker says, “I will teach you how to drive and in return I get to watch you admit that it’s harder than you originally thought.”

            “Deal,” I agree.

            “That is going to be so much fun,” Parker says to himself.

            I choose to ignore him and change the subject, “What are we going to do when we get there?”

            “Probably go to the hotel and then go out after,” he says, keeping his eyes on the road.

            “I’m not going to a strip club,” I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

            He looks over at me out of the corner of his eyes and an actual smile makes its way onto his face. “What makes you say that?”

            “Just don’t try taking me anywhere sketchy. I’d like to enjoy my first trip into the city,” I say.

            “Why does that speech seem familiar?” Parker asks taking one hand off the wheel and strokes his chin. His smile disappears and the smirk that usually occupies it comes back into its normal place. As I clue into what he means I punch him in the shoulder.