Chapter 19

“Answer the god damn question,” Colton demands just like Alec did. Parker pushes both of them away from him and backs up.

            “How about we do this in the morning,” I suggest, even though I really want to know. However, being the logical person I am, I know that all of us with alcohol in our system are not going to get anything accomplished.

            “I agree with her,” Parker says, in no way slurring his words. “Let’s talk about this in the morning when you’re all sober.”

            Colton and Alec both give slight nods with their arms crossed over their chests, their faces impassive. Boy, tomorrow is going to suck. I have no doubt that I’m going to get chewed out just as much as Parker for being an idiot and following Jake.

            Alec turns to me, “go to bed Becca,” and with that he stomps after Parker into their shared room.

            Colton pulls me into our room. I don’t even bother to get changed or take off my make-up. I slump down onto the bed with Colton doing the same beside me, he wraps one arm around me and I fall asleep as soon as my eyes shut.

______________________________________________________________________________

            I wake up in the morning with a splitting headache and it’s a doozy. I’m not one for throwing up when I have a hangover, it’s always the headaches. Last night, I drank way too much for my own good. I can handle my alcohol, I’m no light weight, but last night was horrible.

            My parents were the kind that liked to have a glass of wine at dinner. Once I was old enough they always let me have some. They never let me heavily drink but on holidays we always pulled out some harder liquor and we’d have a few drinks, never enough to get more than tipsy. I think it was because I couldn’t be a normal teenager and get alcohol from anywhere else so they didn’t deprive me of it but they didn’t let me drink anytime I wanted, it was always controlled.

            I feel a few tears prickle at some of the memories, and a few fall but not many. Far less than usual, that’s for sure.

            I roll over and off the bed. I go rummage in my bag and find my birth control pills and some Tylenol and swallow them. Why do I have birth control? Well, I get really bad cramps so I just take them continually and the problem is solved plus it’s nice to take precautions. 

            I notice that Colton’s still asleep so I grab some close and slip into the bathroom to take a shower.

            I look like death. I look absolutely horrible; there is no doubt about it. My once straight hair is all over my head in horrifying rat’s nest and my make-up is smeared. It’s a good thing Colton is still asleep because he would be completely grossed out if he woke up to what I look like now.

            I tear my eyes away from the mirror, strip down, and get into the shower. I make sure to wash my hair and face extremely well until there’s no possibility that my hair is frizzy or my face has make-up left on.

            Once, I’m satisfied I get out, slowly getting dressed and putting my hair into a French braid down my back before exiting. I slowly make my way into the room with dread, knowing I was going to get a strip tore out of me.

            I enter the living room to see all six of the boys sitting on the couches around the coffee table where most of their feet are resting.

            “’Morning,” I say with a yawn, before plopping down on the couch next to Colton and Nathan with Parker and Alec across from me.