Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Two days had passed and today was Monday. Normally my classes would have started today but apparently when someone had a birthday, the week or a few days before everyone got off. For party planning, I don’t know but that’s a lot of weeks they’re off! Then again there are the triplets and the twins Rio and Leo, which makes what would be five parties into two.

            Also, I think if it’s just a single party you don’t get the full week off because it doesn’t take that long to plan unless it’s a special birthday like sweet sixteen and nineteen because you can drink—legally.

            I don’t really want to talk about my nightmares, Colton comes in if he hears me screaming but that doesn’t stop them. I refuse to let him come in at the beginning of the night; it would just be very awkward for me, no matter how much he insists that it might stop them, I just can’t.

In the past couple of days there hasn’t been much for Alec to do other than all of the normal stuff but I had a great feeling about today.

I walk downstairs, I was told because today was a week day we had to make our own breakfast only Friday and weekends were the earlier meals made for us. But never fear what do you think I have a slave for?

“Oh slave,” I sing as I enter the kitchen.

Alec looks up from where he’s leaned up against the counter talking to Parker. He has a look on his face that just seems to say, what now?

“Yes,” He asks.

“Make me breakfast please,” I say nicely.

“Do I have a choice?” He asks.

“No,” I answer a smile on my face.

“Of course not,” He mutters. “What would you like?”

“Hmm,” I think about it. “Blueberry pancakes.”

He doesn’t look happy, he was probably hoping I’d just want eggs because they’re fast and don’t make a much of a mess, “Coming right up.” He says through clenched teeth. This was really hurting his ego.

I sit myself up on a part of the counter that wasn’t being used.

“Hey Parker,” I say.

“Becs,” He answers. “What do you want?”

“I don’t want anything, I’m simply saying hello to you,” I reply.

“You didn’t say hello you said hey,” He points out.

“Same thing,” I respond.

“No hello has two more letters than hey, it also—”

“Are you always this annoying,” I ask.

“Me, annoying?” He scoffs.

“And so early in the morning,” I add.

“I aim to please, just think of your life without me?” He challenges.

“I’ve known you three days,” I reply.

“And you already can’t imagine your life without me in it,” I roll my eyes.

“Your pancakes are ready,” Alec announces, preventing me from talking to Parker any farther or giving me an excuse to get away.

“Yay,” I say as I hop off the counter, losing my balance, about to fall on my face.

Someone grabs me, holding me up, “Easy there Becs,” Parker warns, placing me properly on my feet again.

“Thanks,” I mumble.