Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

            I slowly open my eyes to see the sunlight streaming in the window. I’m in the same position as I was in the night before. I slowly move myself over and look at Colton; he was asleep which was good because it would have been weird if he was still awake.

            Colton was right I didn’t have any nightmares. I didn’t even really dream it was just like I was in a relaxing deep sleep.

            I flop my head down on the pillow, staring up at the ceiling. I’ll just wait until Colton wakes up.

            My door opens showing Nathan, “Hey Becca have you seen Colton? We can’t find him anywhere.” His eyes widen as he looks around the room then spots Colton in my bed. For God’s Sakes now everyone’s going to get the wrong idea.

            “Well, that explains it,” Nathan clears his throat. “Can you wake him up?

            “Yeah, sure, by the way nothing happened—”

            “You don’t need to explain it to me,” Nathan says.

            “Seriously I’m not lying. I had a nightmare and started screaming. Colton must have heard me so he came in here to calm me down.” Nathan looks like he believes my story.

            “Okay,” He says. “Wake him up.”

            I shake Colton’s shoulder, “Colton wake up.” He doesn’t move. “Colton wake up!” I say louder.

            “What?” He asks groggily.

            “Nathan wants you,” I explain.

            “Why?” Colton asks groggily.

            “It’s breakfast and you’re usually the one of the first ones at the table so everyone thought it would be fun to try to find you,” Nathan explains. “And I did so I win.”

            “Let’s go.” Nathan says.

            “Okay, okay,” Colton replies. “You coming Becca?”

            I get up out of bed, “Yeah just let me get dressed.”

            “No time for that, the heads aren’t letting us eat until we found Colton and you too I guess,” Nathan replies, grabbing my hand and starting to pull me towards the door. “So we must go now, food awaits.”

            “Fine, lead the way,” I say as I fall into step beside Colton. Once Nathan’s out of earshot I ask, “How did you get into my room so fast last night?”

            “My room’s the one next to yours,” Colton explains. So that’s why the way to Colton’s room looked familiar. “I’m to your right, Parker’s to your left, Alec’s is the one just past Parker’s, and the triplets have the three across the hall from us.”

            “Cool,” I respond. “Now my slaves nearby so he’ll be easier to find.” I think for a moment. “If they’re all near me how come they didn’t hear me scream?”

            “They’re all pretty heavy sleepers and if they did hear you they probably just thought it was part of their dreams,” Colton explains.

            “Those must be nice dreams,” I mumble sarcastically.

            “Some of them might be,” Colton replies with a grin.