Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Parker kicks the ball, sending it into the air, flying into our end of the field. I run after it, determined to get to it before Alec or Parker can. I get to the ball just as someone slams into me with just enough force to make me lose my balance, knocking me off my feet.

            I watch as Alec kicks the ball down the field, passing it to Parker who takes it farther down the field, closer to our net. After he does that he reaches his hand down to help me up.

            “Sorry, about that,” He apologizes.

            “It’s fine,” I wave him off and take off down the field to try to stop Parker from scoring.

            I’m almost down there when Axel steals the ball from Parker and starts to dribble it down the field to where Colton was ready waiting. As Alec comes flying down the field ready to thwart Axel’s intentions; Axel sends the ball over to me.

            I continue to bring it towards Colton I’m almost to the net ready to kick it in when I change the direction that I’m kicking and send it over to Reno.

            Reno brings his foot back and sends it flying towards the net it almost looks like it’s going to go in but Colton suddenly appears and it ends up in his grasp. Colton kicks it putting it back in play heading towards Parker.

            We all charge back down the field our feet pounding on the ground. Parker continues to run, kicking the ball with him, to the other side of the field. Reno is almost to Parker when Parker passes the ball over to Alec with a swift kick of his foot, almost as if he felt that he was being closed in.

            Reno changes directions heading for Alec, while Axel who was guarding Alec switches to Parker, seeing that there was a big opening. Nevertheless Alec passes it back to Parker and before Axel can reach him or even think about it he has the ball in the net.

            Parker runs past me as he heads back to his side, preparing for the kick, “That’s how you get a goal.”

            Cocky bastard, it’s only the first goal and he’s already bragging. I really hope he jinxed himself, just to wipe the stupid smirk off of his face.

            Reno takes the kick and passes it to me. I dodge past Alec and start to run as fast as I can while keeping the ball in control. I’m about halfway from the middle line to the goal when Parker comes up beside me and starts to push me over making me stumble but I keep going. He continues to ram into me but doesn’t take the ball like I thought he would.

            “Would you stop,” I push him back.

            “No this is too much fun,” He answers.

            We’re almost to the net. I need to find a way to pass the ball but Parker’s blocking my path to Axel and Reno. The only way it’d be able to go in is if I kick it and I highly doubt it’ll make it past Parker let alone Colton.

            I hit Parker as hard as I can with my shoulder and move away, bringing back my foot to kick it. It goes flying up into the air, high enough for Parker to head butt it. Looks like pushing him away didn’t work.

            The ball sails over to Alec who takes it back towards Nathan.

            “Nice try,” Parker teases, not in the least bit sincere. Then he jogs back down the field after Alec. I take off behind him, soon catching up because he’s jogging and I’m, well, flat-out sprinting.