Chapter 4

Audrey's POV

My eyes shot open as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped back. I looked back, as I felt something wet on my cheeks and eyes. I slowly brought my hand to my face. I brought it back when I felt my hand touch the wetness on my face. The wetness was tears. I looked up as I realized once again, that I was in the school caferteria. I looked at the group of friends that were so nice to me and offered me a place to sit when I was alone. Thankfully, they didn't notice my little headache. And I wanted it to stay that way. But out of the corner of my eye, I could see that Iron Fist, otherwise known as Daniel noticed my little scene. I froze when I saw his gaze. He actually looked concerned with me. That same gaze that the man, or Bryan, I think, in my visions gave me, along with guilt. I slowly started to shake my head and ran for the exit in the caferteria. I heard footsteps behind me. I slowly started to cry to myself, thinking what Lizard would do to me if he saw me fail the mission. I closed my eyes on the thought. I turned the corner, leaned against the wall, slowly collapsed against it. I silently cried to myself since thats the only thing I could think of at the moment. I buried my head into my knees, wrapping my arms around my legs, holding them tighter as I heard someone come really close to me. I heard them go down to my level since they were obviously standing. I slowly rose my head up from my safe knees. I wanted Daniel to go away. If the person that was looking at me was even him. I'm not trying to be mean. I just want some time alone to try and figure out this whole mess. My vision finally cleared itself and I could see who was spying on me.

Of course it just HAD TO BE DANIEL!!!

"Need a hand?" He asked, got up and offered a hand down to my fallen figure. I glady took the offer, taking his really warm hand. He pulled me up really fast. A little too fast. I lost my balance and fell on top of him. Talk about cliche. It felt like a cheesy romance novel coming to a movie. I looked at him and saw that I was hovering over him, my hands on either side of his head. My hands were like perfectly a lined with his ears. I blushed like the shade of a delicate rose. His face blushed exactly like mine. I saw it in his eyes. He didn't really want this to happen but life has different plans. He chuckled slightly. I gave him a forgiving look and quickly got off of him. I could tell that he wanted me off of him. I stood up and this time, offered HIM a hand to get up from the nasty floor that the school calls sanitized. He smiled and took the gesture. This time, we didn't fall over. Thank the gods.

"Uh, sorry about that, I guess I didn't know my own strength." Daniel said, rubbing the back of his head, obviously really uncomfortable about life right now. I was too. This is the first time I had actually come in phyisical contact with a human being! I looked at him. I gave him an apology.

"I'm so sorry, for getting in the way of your guys talk, I'm sorry for everything. Coming to this school, being so weird I can't even fit in. I'm sorry for meeting you." I signed. He shook his head and looked at me.

"Don't worry about it. And you do fit in." He signed to my awkward figure standing in the hallway and walked back to his group to explain why he took so long. I just stood there, confused.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it bad that the whole top part (^) is 666 words? .......