Chapter 21

- Hi :>

Oh and there's a selfie for no gosh dang reason :P in all of my nerdiness, with my Avengers bracelets.... But that's beside the point.

So I read some of the comments on the chapters, and I realized something.

I love you people :>

Not in that weird way, just I appreciate you guys and I love your humor C: like when Daniel fell on Audrey and a LOT of you posted DAHHHHHM DANIEL! I literally burst out laughing.

BTW, thanks for 12k readers :>

Also, to answer @spidergirl124 's question, yes, I am looking for the name of the new villain I introduced. I am busy with some personal dealies, and I want to update a lot of my books that I have forgotten about.... So I will be doing that soon.

But enough with my ranting. Alrighty, here's the chapter.

-------------------
Audrey's POV

I tried to open my eyes, but they wouldn't budge. They felt like elephants on my face. I tried to rub them to try and make them feel normal but I found my hands were strapped to the table. Why... Oh right, the surgery. I wonder how that went. I faintly heard someone yelling into my ear my name. I finally opened my eyes after what felt like forever. I was....lying on the surgery table? I was guessing I was on a gurney in recovery from the surgery. I loud ringing in my ears made me wince, but the good thing about it was that I was able to hear voices again.

"Audrey.........surgery........failed........sorry....." Was all I heard. Tears were about to fill my eyes when I felt something insert itself into my arm and it made my world go black.

--------------------

Bryan's POV

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE SURGERY FAILED?" I nearly screamed at Bruce, who was the one who told me the news.

"The surgery we tried on Audrey... it didn't go as planned. Her own system was attacking itself when we tried to insert the vocal cords in. We think that Curt had made a self defense system inside her when he made her, that of anyone had tried to find out what she was made of, her system would shut down. Her system took the vocal cords, it just did a lot of damage to her. The vocal cords have an about 5% chance of working. I'm sorry to say....that she's in... a coma." The last part of the news hit me like a bullet. I trusted them..... and now she's in a coma?

"Where is she?" I nearly growled. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Steve tense.

"Fourth floor." Tony muttered behind him, earning a look from Bruce, but I didn't stick around to see what else they were going to do.

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could. I quickly tried to find the room where Audreg was being held. I finally found it. But as soon as I was going to open the door, I heard someone in the room with her. I looked through the glass to see who it was.

It was Loki.

He was beside her bedside, holding her hand and whispering something into her ear before he looked where I was looking into. I quickly hid.

"I know you're there Bryan." I heard Loki say.

Shiz.

"You can come in. She's your sister. I'm not going to keep you from seeing your own sister." Loki scoffed. I took a deep breath and walked in the room. No point in hiding. My breath hitched in my throat when I saw her in the state that she was in.

She looked so weak, so defenseless. I looked at her throat and chest area and I saw no stitches, just flesh, really slowly healing itself. My eyes were watering. I couldn't bear seeing her... dead. I just found her, and I can't loose her now.