Preview Chapter 22

Hi

I'm not dead. And probably half of you (mostly all of you) hate me for not updating in what, 3 weeks?

School's just been stressful already, and I'm just plain lazy. 

You guys are the most patient people in the world. And yes, person that made the comment saying "Plz update, its been like 9 months." And I will be updating that book

Anyway, if you don't care about my personal life then don't read this part. 

I have a best internet friend, named Alec. We met on Omegle (the texting part of it), and we've been talking for the past 3 months, daily. He doesn't have many friends where he lives. 

The other day, he told me he was thinking about running away. 

My red flags immediately went up and I asked why. He told me the school work was making him very stressed and he just wishes his life was happier. I sent him a very long emotional message to him, changing his mind. 

And yeah, I feel good about myself because I changed someone's mind about doing something they'll regret. 

So I just wanted to share what happened. :P 

Also.... um.... I was thinking ending the book soon...... idk ._. 

K bai

---------------------

Audrey's POV

I opened my eyes to the sound of someone calling my name softly. I thought about the last time I woke up, about how I passed out and someone told me the surgery failed. Wait... THE SURGERY!

I quickly tried to get up but I was stopped by a reassuring hand on my shoulder. 

"Hey, Audrey, you're okay you're okay. You're recovering from the surgery." I saw Steve there, who was gently pushing me down, back into the awkward comfort of the hospital bed. I slowly calmed myself. Once I was calmed, Steve removed his hand from my shoulder and sighed. 

"Do you want to know what happened?" He asked me, once an awkward silence passed over us. I nodded, trying to keep my head still as possible since I didn't want to aggravate whatever happened to me. Steve sighed and looked down, trying to find his words. 

"Well, the way he made you," He sighed again before continuing since I tensed at the mention of him, "He made sure that no one would find out his secrets that he put in you, so he made it difficult to finish the surgery." He started. I swallowed, afraid of what I was going to hear next. He continued, only this time he actually looked at me. "But Bruce said that as soon as your vocal cords heal then you can talk." He smiled when he saw my reaction to the news, which was constant squealing from my hospital bed. 

I was actually going to talk for the first time since I was young. I don't even remember speaking when I was young. I threw up my arms and kept mouthing, "YES!" I finally calmed down and motioned for Steve to come closer to me. He looked confused but he complied. I waited until he was inches away from my ear and then I surprised hugged him. I felt him jump in my arms but then hug me back. I signed to him. 

"When can I talk?" I smiled. He chuckled. 

"Well, as soon as your throat and vocal cords heal, then it will allow you to talk." Captain explained. I smiled. I can't wait to start talking! 

I heard three knocks at the door. I looked towards it and my eyes widened. 

"Hey, Audrey." Peter said, with a little hint of sadness in his voice. I was shocked. He didn't come and see me in what, 3 months? And now he wants to see me? My smile faded and I motioned him to come closer like I did with Steve. He complied. 

"What's u-" I interrupted him with a slap on his cheek. His head turned fast. 

Steve was too shocked to do anything. I only wanted to slap some sense into his knuckle head. 

I then wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight. I know he's a bit stupid, but he was the first person to actually talk to me ever since school started. He was too shocked to even be mad at me, because he deserved it. I looked at him after I released our hug and I looked at him with my best serious face. 

"Never make me worried/mad/sad again." I started to sign to him because I couldn't talk...yet. He laughed. 

"I knew you'd be mad at me." Peter said. I nodded, my frown slowly turning into a smile. 

"So, what's been happening?" I asked him. I haven't seen him in a couple months so I wanted to make this moment last before he had to go. 

"Um... Audrey... I have to tell you something. " He nervously said. I knew it was something bad, just by his voice. 

"What happened?" I was going to regret this. 

"Well, it's something about Danny... so I'm going to try to do this as quick as possible so I can get it over with." He mumbled almost to the point that I couldn't hear him.. 

"Then what is it, Peter?" I asked, starting to get impatient. I knew that I shouldn't be getting this way with a friend but I wanted to know what this dang secret was! 

He sighed. "Danny... he's with Pepper." He sighed out. I looked at him funny, then silently chuckled. 

"Yeah, sure." I rolled my white eyes. Peter shook his head. 

"No, I'm serious. He hooked up with Pepper last month." 

------------------

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo What the heck did Daniel do?! 

:> 

I NEED TO KNOW WHO YOU GUYS SHIP BECAUSE I'M JUST DOING DANIEL AND AUDREY BUT I'M THINKING ABOUT PUTTING IN LOKI IDK

Peace out ma ghosts!