Chapter 14

Captain America's POV

"Hey, can you hear me?" I asked the unconscious girl that was right in front of me. I shook her gently. She didn't respond.

"HEY! Can I get a medic over here?" I yelled to the EMPs that were scattered across my captured teammates. I was the only one conscious but it was slowly fading away. The moment that they looked at me, I passed out, my hand holding onto the girl's shoulder.

------

A Couple Hours Earlier-

"You have a location on the mystery maiden?" Thor asked. I sighed and nodded.

"Yes Thor, and I've already said that her name is Audrey Line!" I said, in my usual patient tone. Loki, who was looking at a picture of Audrey, looked like he actually had emotion in his soulless eyes. I looked at him with a questionable look. He looked up suddenly and put the picture away fast. His expression turned back to his normal blank look and stared at Tony, who was briefing about the mission to him. I looked back at Hawkeye, Thor, Bruce, Coulson and Natasha were.

"Tony put us in teams. Again." Clint growled. I faint smile played on my lips.

"You knew that was going to happen, right?" Natasha said to him, snickering.

"Yeah. I know." He snapped, in an annoyed tone. I looked up at the teaming board. Wait. He made a teaming board just for this mission? Wow, Tony. I'm...I'm scared and speechless.

"Okay, our teams are Cap, Thor, and Clint will go to these coordinates and investigate, and then the rest of you." He pointed to Black Widow, Coulson, Bruce, and himself. "We are going to be finding where the Lizard is and how we can stop him." He told us.

"Good luck!" Iron Man said before he dragged his team members along with him. Before she was taken away, Natasha rolled her eyes and fake killed herself. Clint snickered.

"Okay, well. Let's go!" Clint said and walked to the jet. Bruce sighed.

"This is going to be a long trip." Bruce said, and walked on the jet.

--------

Audrey's POV

I sneered at the disgusting thing that they called the Lizard. He just laughed as he punched at my ribs again. 

"Oh, you want to say something that will not offend me? Oh, I'm sorry but no one can hear you. 1 because duh, you have no vocal cords which by the way, I didn't let you have!" He yelled at me for the 6th beating I had taken today. I could tell it was about 8 in the night because there was a very small window that was the only way of seeing the world. The beautiful and peaceful sun was setting. I looked down when he kicked me in the stomach and I coughed up blood. He and I heard a something blast through the door and then a deep voice. 

"Beating up little girls?" Thor asked. I didn't even look up. I guess I looked dead. Hehe. Although, I really wanted that. 

"You disgust me." He growled. "You made her turn on me. Now, you and her must pay." He launched himself at the Avengers, completely forgetting about me. I struggled to get out of my restrains. Finally, they broke. 

Really?! NOW THEY DECIDE TO BREAK! Why couldn't they break a couple hours ago?! Oh the irony. Oh my gosh. 

I used the broken chains as my advantage. I whipped the back of the horrid creature that I onced called my father several times in the back before the person he was battling (Thor), was knocked on the other side of the room. He wasn't unconscious but he was dazed. The Lizard turned to face me, and smirked. 

"You should really tell me how you feel. Oh, right you can't. You're just like them, Failed Experiment #13. You are weak just like the little Avengers, who still think that they can beat me." The Lizard gave a little speech. Come on people. Let's clap! (major sarcasm) I then saw Captain America try to come from behind and to a little sneak attack but sadly, like all the other plans of attacks, that didn't work out too well. Curt saw it coming and punched Steve in the chest, making him fly back, hitting his head on a support beam, and the unconsciousness swallowed him. His head drooped to the side and his shield was sitting in his lap. A flash of worry was on my face before an explosive arrow smacked me into reality. (Not literally). The arrow hit Curt right in the back of the head, but only made him growl in annoyance. I sneered back. He rolled his blood- red eyes and turned around to see Clint pointing an arrow from his perch at a nearby ledge. He fired and I did a roundhouse kick to the Lizard's back, making him fall to the ground with a grunt. He growled again, walked over to Steve's unconscious and limp form and picked him up by his hair. It looked painful but at least he wasn't in any pain. Curt's hand morphed into a blade. I quirked up. That was new. I sneered and clutched my hands into a fist until I felt blood drips flow to the ground. Curt smirked as he held his blade hand to Steve's neck.