Chapter 19

Audrey's POV

I awoke, with Kaz still sleeping next to me. I was still embraced in his arms. I loved this moment. It wasn't too dirty, it wasn't too cliche, it was just perfect. I didn't to wake him, since I wanted this moment to last. 

After about another hour of just sitting there, (after coming up with a plan for about 37,496 missions), he finally woke up. He gave a yawn before stretching his arms out and that's when he finally remembered that I was there. I looked at him. He looked down at me and smiled.

"How was your sleep?" I asked him telepathically. He nodded.

"Pretty good. How was yours?" He asked me. I nodded.

"You're a great pillow." I told him telepathically. I patted his chest a couple times before I got up and went to my closet to get my clothes. I decided on a baggy long sleeved shirt that said, "On Wednesdays, we wear pink". And it was wednesday. Ironically. 

Anyway, I wore galaxy skin tight leggings and my black high tops. I wore some bracelets and a unicorn ring to match my mood. I went on to finding something to eat for breakfast. I scavenged the counters and the fridge to see if there was anything. I found some pop tarts, cinnamon. Yum. I grabbed a package and sat in the living room. I started to munch on the pop tart and almost immediately I started to gag. I spit it out and hoped I wasn't sick. Maybe my stomach thought that it was too early. I suddenly realized that Kaz hadn't come out yet. Was he still changing? I threw away my pop tart while walking over to the smart computer that was practically Tony's baby. I typed in my question. 

"JARVIS, where is everyone?" It read. 

"I am not qualified to provide an answer to the question that you asked, Audrey." The computer responded. I grew very confused. Why didn't he answer my question? I wanted to investigate. I walked to my room again to find that the bed was made and the boy that I used as a pillow wasn't there. My panic mode became alert and my head came up with all the worst cases scenarios. What if Curt captured them and was using them as a lure, to kill me?

I looked around the whole building. Nothing. Except one room. The living room. Funny. That was the room I should've checked first...

Anyway, I looked into the living and was greeted by someone shouting in my face. 

"SURPRISE!" I jumped up like a cat. I earned the laugh of a couple voices in the building. 

"Happy birthday, Audrey!" I heard them yell. I smiled, putting a hand to my heart. As I finally got control of my vision, I saw that my Avengers and my team, surrounding the room in a circle sorta formation. The person who shouted in my face was Tony. I smirked and hugged him. He laughed and hugged me back. 

"THANK YOU!" I said to him, telepathically. He laughed again as I released the embrace. 

"You're welcome kiddo." I finally was able to take in the sight I walked in on. There was a decent sized cake in the middle of a table in the center of the room. There was no curtains, so the light was shining in like a perfect tumblr photo. I loved it. There were presents next to the cake. They shouldn't gotten me anything! My eyes pricked with tears because I hadn't expected for them to get me anything for my birthday. I mean, yes they are my family but still I don't want them to actually waste time on me. Captain must've read my mind because he interrupted my thoughts by coming up to me and starting a conversation. Of, course, telepathically. Well, for me I did telepathically but he actually talked. Okay... I'll stop talking. 

"Did Tony did really plan this whole thing by himself?" I asked him telepathically. He laughed and shook his head. 

"No, of course he didn't. He just planned the whole thing. Thor, Bruce and I did the heavy lifting." Steve responded. I giggled silently. (I don't even know how that's possible. Just pretend that she's like giggling without sound coming out.)