Chapter 25

~Wake up~

I open my eyes to the sound of her voice. But I don't see her. I look over and Sunrise and Charm are sleeping next to Twilight. Princess and Spark are sleeping beside each other and on the other side of me is Cheyenne, Heart, and Free Spirit. Mom, Dad, and Leader Heart are gone along with Wild Heart.

I stand up and look over at the destroyed wall. How did he do it? This question leads me to ask Wild Heart.

Where are you?

~I'm with your parents and Heart~

Anything important going on?

~Yeah we are trying to put together clues of where Rusty is and how he got out~

Can I help?

~Yeah. We are not too far away from the cave. Just walk straight out and we are in the woods several feet in~

I don't answer knowing that it is useless to just say ok back. But realize that she might want to know I understood what she said.

Ok I will be right there

I walk around Sunrise, Charm, and Twilight, careful to not wake the sleeping foal. After quietly passing Princess, I step into the day light. An instant breeze passes by and I realize how it must be close to fall if not already.

Following Wild Heart's instructions to go straight, I head into the woods and meet up with the group. "Hey Eclipse. We were just about to go look for Rusty. Want to come along?" Heart asks. "Yeah."

We start by heading straight away from the cave thinking that he might've headed as far away as possible in the direction that we never go. Wild Heart and I talk along the way about little stuff.

~I really don't think we will find him this way~

"Why?" I accidentally say out loud. Heart, Mom, and Dad look back at me weird because we have been in complete silence the whole way. Wild Heart is trying so hard not to laugh.

Why? I ask again except this time in my head.

~Because he wouldn't head directly away from the cave. That would make him way more noticeable. He would head close to the side and around the back.~

I stop walking to think about this. But continue again so they don't notice I stopped.

You're probably right

~Yeah I am right~

Something seems odd about this and I don't answer to think about this.

You're using your Amber Knowledge aren't you? But how can you share something that important?

~It's not Amber Knowledge. It's the Amber Track.~

Then why aren't we telling my Mom?

~I don't know~

We both stop walking at the same time. You tell her. You're the one with the ability.

~You have it too. Oh but no one else knows that you have it so you win this time~

"Dakota? Do you know about the Amber Ability Horse Shifter?"

   "No but I think I have heard it somewhere."

   "Ok well I am the Amber Ability Horse Shifter. One of my abilities is tracking. I used it and I know where Rusty is."