In the Midst of it All (Episode 6 - Detention)

Third Person P.O.V.

"I can't believe you two got a detention," Inaho said to Slaine as they were at their lockers. "What even happened?"

Slaine sighed, "Well (Y/N) broke into Cruhteo's office and took back her necklace and then I told Harklight that I helped her so we both got a detention."

"Never thought I'd see you get a detention for something you didn't do," Inaho  said.

"Ready for detention, Troyard?" (Y/N) said as she popped out from behind the locker, hands in her pockets.

"Yeah, let's go?" Slaine asked. (Y/N) nodded as they made their way towards Harklight's office. "See you guys later," Inaho waved.

Slaine and (Y/N) entered the office and was greeted by the principal. "Miss (L/N), Mr. Troyard. I'm glad you two didn't bail on me."

"I never bail on a responsibility, Sir Harklight," (Y/N) said with a straight face which shocked Slaine a bit.

"That's good to hear," Harklight started, "Well, about your detention..." he thought for awhile, "I'll have you guys scrape off the gum off of the bleachers in the gym. And after that, you guys will pick up any trash out on the grass fields."

Slaine had looked over to his friend who had a face of disbelief as she took in what they had to do. He couldn't help but laugh inside.

The two left the office, supplies in hand, and headed for the gym. (Y/N) groaned, "Can you believe it? Removing gum from the bleachers? Who knows how much is under there."

Slaine laughed, "At least we're not being suspended, (Y/N)."

"Whatever," she said as she pushed open the huge gym doors. She groaned again, "Why does this gym have to be so big?"

Slaine laughed, "I've never seen you act so childish before, (Y/N)." The rebel puffed her cheeks at Slaine which he unknowingly found cute.

"Shut up," she mumbled. She put her (h/c) hair into a messy ponytail with several hairs falling to the side of her face. "Alright, I'll take this half while you take the other."

Slaine simply nodded in response and the two started working. It was pretty quiet in the gym so Slaine decided to see how his friend was doing.

He looked over to see his friend laying underneath the bleachers, staring intently as she removed the gum. It was really the first time Slaine had seen his friend work so hard.

(Y/N) had stopped and took a quick, deep breath and looked over at Slaine catching his gaze.

"Oi, Slaine. Bleachers are over your face not here." Slaine laughed as he went back to scraping the gum, "I know that, (Y/N). It's just that I've never seen you so serious before."

"Well, I do want to get out of here you know."

"Do you not enjoy my company?" Slaine asked teasingly.

"Nope," (Y/N) said as she smiled and continued working.

"Ouch," Slaine said.

"Just get to work," (Y/N) laughed. "We still have to go outside."

"Yes, boss."

The two had finally finished scraping the gum and headed out the doors. (Y/N) undid her ponytail letting all her (h/c) hair flow out.

"Hey, Troyard, you want gum? I just happened to find a boat load of it," (Y/N) joked.

Slaine laughed, "I have a lot of gum too so I'm good."