"Dancing"

It was our last year of high school, which meant prom.

"Who do you want to go with, Chloe?" I repeatedly poked her shoulder.

"I don't know..." She twisted her brown locks.

"Hey, (Y/N). Hey, Chloe." Phil said. Chloe's cheeks grew pink. The gears in my head started turning.

"I'm going to go find Dan. You two just wait here." I actually did need to find him, so I headed to his locker.

"There you are, Hobbit." I tapped his shoulder. When he turned around he kneeled on the floor. Holding one of my hands in his, the other holding a single red rose.

"Miss (Y/L/N), would you do me the honor of being my date to prom?"

"It would be a pleasure to accompany you, Mr. Howell."

He kissed the back of my hand and gave me the rose, which I gladly accepted.

"You are so cheesy, Dan."

"But you love me for it."

As we were walking I explained to him my theory about Chloe and Phil.

"So you two are officially going together?" Chloe asked, gesturing to my rose.

"Speaking of prom," Phil spoke up. "I've been meaning to ask you, Chloe. Would you like to go with me?" He gave her a lopsided smile. I knew it! If she says no I'm going to frickin-

"Yes!"

Chloe and I found our dream dresses. Hers is hot pink with a bow, and a small trail. Mine is a midnight purple and has sparkles. The boys kept begging to see them but they had to wait.

*(A/N: They're in the picture above)*

Finally, the day came. I was upstairs in my room putting the finishing touches on my outfit. My aunt helped me put my necklace on, the one Dan gave me. I always wore it.

"Oh, (Y/N). You're all grown up." Aunt Em said. She wasn't much of a cryer, but you could tell she was getting emotional. "Daniel is such a lucky boy to have you. Make sure he treats you right."

"Of course." I giggled.

Nyla was sitting on my bed, staring at me mesmerized. Let's just say, she loves sparkles. And I had plenty of them.

"Okay, he's waiting downstairs for you, (Y/N)."

I took a deep breath and slowly walked to the lounge. At the sound of footsteps, Dan turned around.

"Wow, (Y/N), you look beautiful. As you do everyday."

I linked my arm with his while my aunt snapped some pictures. I kissed his cheek and we walked towards the door.

"Remember, Howell, that's my niece!" Uncle Adam called out.

"And I will do everything in my power to protect her, Sir." Dan called back.

There were colorful lights and students everywhere. Luckily, Chloe and Phil were near the entrance. A slow song came on and I tugged Dan along.

"Come on, Daniel! Dance with me!"

"I can't dance."

"Then what was the point of coming." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"To spend time with you." He leaned in to kiss me but I pulled him to the center of the room.

"Then spend time with me on the dance floor! I'll teach you."

I placed his hands on my waist, and my arms around his neck. I told him what steps to take and he managed to make it through the song.

"You did good, for a beginner." I joked.

"So all of a sudden you're a professional dancer?"

"Compared to you, I kinda am." We both laughed.

"Hey, I'm gonna go find Chloe and Phil. We haven't seen them since the beginning of the night." I wandered around for only a few short seconds when I saw them.

They were staring into each other's eyes, when Phil leaned in and kissed her. I raced back over to my date.

"They kissed! Phil kissed Chloe!" I squealed.

"He learns from the best." Dan popped his collar.

"Please, Daniel." I put it back in place. "Our first kiss was because of a dare."

"Well I was going to make a move. Eventually."

"Sure, Honey."

We spent the rest of the night by ourselves, wanting to give our friends some space.