14

Kyra

We walked in the house and closed the door just as my father was coming down the hallway. He looked up at me and stopped in his tracks.

"You look like you've been crying. She told you huh?" I nodded.

"I'm so sorry, you were right about everything." He chuckled and opened his arms. "Come here."

I walked into his arms and broke down all over again. "You don't have anything to apologize for. How you felt was normal. I just want you to know I love you and I always will." He mumbled into my hair.

He pulled away and wiped my face. "Stop all that crying. Is there anything you want to ask me?" I sniffed and nodded.

"What's her name?"

"Lauren Taylor." I nodded. "Do you talk to her?"

He shook his head no. "No, I don't. I've ran into her a few times on accident."

"What?" I asked as we walked in the kitchen. We took a seat at the counter and he placed two hamburgers in front of me and Kaylen. "I cooked."

I nodded. "Thanks."

"Yeah. You were two years old and we were in the grocery store and we ran into her. You had no idea who she was but she knew exactly who you were. She stared at you for a while. She bolted out of the store like she stole something. Me on the other hand, continued to look for the Teddy Graham's we came in there to get and we left like we never saw her ass." I laughed and he chuckled.

"The second time was more recently. She lives in California. I was there on business. You were about sixteen. I went out to dinner to meet with a partnering company and she was there. She was with a man and a baby." He explained as he sipped from a bottle of Pepsi. "I think you have a little brother."

I almost choked. "What?"

He nodded. "She makes me sick. The whole thing does. I fought myself the entire night not to excuse myself and go over to her table. She couldn't keep you, but she can go off and have another kid? I already didn't want you to meet her, but that put the icing on the cake. That little boy has to be about five."

"I still want to meet her." I mumbled.

"Why?"

"I have some things I'd like to say to her." He nodded. "Good enough. At least you know the truth now."

I nodded and got up kissing his cheek. "I love you daddy." He chuckled. "I love you too."

"I want you to talk to Noni, she has been fighting at school and I don't want her to ruin her chances of getting into a good college." He disclosed.

I nodded. "I don't think I'm exactly a role model, I don't even have a job."

"But you went to college. You should get a job you know. I can't support you forever." I kissed my teeth. "Yes you could."

"Ok, let me rephrase that. I won't support you forever." I kissed my teeth and laughed. "I'll start looking. I am bored all day anyway."

He nodded. "Just make sure you talk to her. She thinks I'm too old to understand why she fought her."

I nodded. "You are."

I told them I'd see them in a little bit and went upstairs to my room. I was drained and tired and I wanted to be left alone.

Once I opened the door, my phone lit up because Cam was calling me. I looked in the mirror and plopped on my bed answering the call. His face popped up but he didn't look happy. Nothing new, I swear this man has a natural mean mug.