6

Cameron

I got up and made my way out of my house and down the hall to her door. I wasn't letting her sleep on the floor.

I don't usually go out of my way like this but it's something about her that won't let me allow her to sleep like that.

What would my mama think? She'd slap the taste from my mouth.

I knocked on her door and leaned half of my weight onto my left crutch to steady myself in the fluorescently lit empty hallway.

The door opened and she gave me a blank face. She didn't say anything, but her face held a bored expression.

"Come on." She had changed her clothes, now having on some shorts that fit perfectly around her waist and a hoodie shirt top that stuck snug to her small frame.

"No."

I chuckled. "When did you become so stubborn?"

She scoffed. "Seriously, if you don't want nothing, get from in front of my door."

I sighed. "Just, come on. You not sleeping on the fucking floor period.." She sighed.

I knew she didn't want to sleep on that floor, that much was clear and she wasn't going to. She had finally given in; it was written across her face.

"What is wrong with you? Like seriously?" She stepped out of her house and shut the door.

I unlocked my door and pushed it open for her. She ducked under my arm and entered. I walked in behind her kicked my single Jordan shoe off.

"Ain't shit wrong with me.. Fuck is wrong with you?" I mumbled.

She shook her head. "Freckles, you are a piece of work." I rolled my eyes at the nickname.

I hated my freckles.

I frowned. "Why you always calling me that shit? I swear you anoying as fuck." I questioned. She shrugged. "I like your freckles."

I twisted my face in the ugliest scowl to ever grace the earth. "They're ugly.. Cut that shit out."I mumbled.

"No they're not."

"Yes they are."

"No they aren't. Stop that."

I groaned. "Man, Kyra shut the fuck up! You don't have them."

"Sometimes you have to learn to love your impurities to fully love yourself. I have a heart shaped birthmark on my side. I hated it my whole life and then one day on the beach, someone told me it was beautiful; your freckles are beautiful." She hesitantly ran her her finger tips down the side of my face before dropping her hand.

She left me to think about that as she made her way into the spare room. I walked down the hall to my room and turned on the light in the bathroom. I started at my reflection for a moment before shaking my head and walking out.

Fuck what she talking about..

Kyra

A knock on the door, brought me out of the sleep I was immersed in. I sleepily opened my eyes and checked my phone for the time. I hated being woken up early as hell.

5:30... Really?

I slid out of bed and opened the door. Freckles looked down at me before scratching the back of his neck.

He was fully dressed so figured he was going somewhere, what I didn't understand was why he was leaving so early.

"I'm leaving so I wanted to let you know in case you needed me." He mumbled.