2.

Kyra

I decided to settle for McDonalds. I've never been heavy on fast food or greasy food in general but I just needed something quick so I could hurry and get back home. It is getting late. 

I stepped off the elevator and trotted my way down the hall. My apartment was I'm the middle of the hallway so it was a bit of a walk. I wouldn't complain much. The apartment was a open layout two bedroom layout. It  was pretty with a great view of the beach when you glanced off the balcony.

As I neared my door I noticed a man standing at an apartment a few doors down from mine. He was dressed in a fitting black Adidas sweatsuit and a Jordan; that considering his other foot was well casted.

He dropped his keys on the floor and cursed under his breath. As I unlocked my door, I contemplated whether to help him or not. He was complete stranger. I told myself why not and made my way over to him. I figure if he tried to kill me I could kick him in his bad foot.

I sat my food on the floor and picked his keys up from the floor as he stared down at me. He was very tall; at least 6'3/6'4.

I grabbed my food and stood back to my feet before unlocking his door and handing him his keys.

"I didn't ask you to do that." He mumbled.

"If I didn't you'd still be standing here trying to figure out how you were going to get your keys off the ground. A thank you would be nice."

He chuckled. "Yeah, my bad thanks."

I nodded. "Don't drop anything else. Ill be eating this time." I said popping a french fry into my mouth before walking back down to my apartment.

Cameron

I watched her as she made her way a few doors down and walked in.

Where did she come from?

I knew she hadn't been living in the building; I would have saw her by now which means she's a new resident.

I shook my head and walked into my apartment, closing the door with my crutch.

Everything has been harder since I broke my ankle. Shit taking a shower is even hard.

I just need to do this alone.  I wanted to call my mother so she could come baby me like she would when I was younger, but I wouldn't. I refuse to have her watching over me twentyfour/seven. That's not even fair for her to have to do and I'm a grown man. I can handle it.

I landed on the couch and turned my tv on. Seemed like all I did lately was watch sports center. I couldn't do that much.

"Yo." I said answering my phone.

"Cam! My nigga!" It seemed like a crowd yelled. I laughed.

"Wassup?" I greeted.

"You good G? The news said you broke your leg!" A voice yelled out. "Somebody said you died at the hospital and shit!" Another voice yelled.

"Uh, I'm not dead. The fuck?" They all started laughing. "I fractured my ankle."

"Oh, shit! How long you gone be out?"

I sighed. "Three to five months. I'm already miserable man."

The all started mumbling 'damns' and 'that's fucked up' under their breaths.

"Why don't you still come down and sit in practice anyway? Tookie sprung his big toe so y'all crippled asses can chill together." I laughed.

"Aight man.. I'll catch y'all tomorrow then."

"You better show up you bitch nigga!" I knew that voice the most out of everyone because he was one of my closer friends.

"Fuck you Tj! yo square faced ass!" I said laughing before ending the call.

I sighed and let out a chuckle. They sure knew how to make me laugh at my lowest.

The doorbell rang and I made it to it pretty fast. I swung the door open and Chanel gave me a smile of sympathy.

"Hey.." I said lowly.

She shyly walked past me into my house and turned around as I closed the door.

"I heard, so I thought I'd come see what was up. Are you okay?" She lifted her hand to caress my cheek.

I nodded. "I'm fine." She looked down at my foot and nodded.

"Are you really fine? Or is that just to get me to stop interrogating you?"

I chuckled. "I'm really okay, better than I thought I would have been at least."

She nodded and looked around the room. "Cam, I-"

I lifted her chin and connected my lips to hers. She rested her head against mine and sighed.

"Why did you have to do that?"

I chuckled. "Why did you have to come over? You know how shit goes with us."

"I needed to know that you were emotionally okay. I know how much this means to you." I nodded.

"We'll thank you." She nodded and made her way towards the door.

"And Cam?"

I looked up."Yeah?"

She chuckled. "Don't kiss me again, it's not helping." She shut the door behind herself and I shook my head.

Kyra

I buried my head into my pillow, patting my hands around on the hardwood flood to find my blaring cell phone. I didn't know who was calling and I didn't care enough to look at the screen before answering. 

I pulled my phone to my ear never opening my eyes. I was worn out. "Hello?"

"Hey Ky, I was calling to see if you moved in okay." My father spoke through the phone.

"Yeah."

"You like the place? I paid pretty good for it. I wanted you to have the best." 

"Yeah, it's nice. Thank you."

He kissed his teeth. "You don't have to thank me. You're my daughter. It's only right." I rolled my eyes. "Sure."

"I have an uh... Guest. I'll call you later. Is that fine?"

By guest, he meant his hoe for the night.'Lady friends' he liked to call them. He was sugar coating. They are hoes.

I chuckled. "Yep."

"Alright bye sweetie, I love you."

"Bye." I said hanging up.

I sighed and laid back down, now staring at the ceiling. This floor was going to hurt my back badly.