21

Cameron

An hour later we pulled into the driveway of a huge house.

Kyra got out and led me up the walk way opening the door. "Papa! Noni!"

After a few moments a girl appeared at the top of the stairs and screamed before vastly making her way down the steps. She looked like a darker version of Kyra, but not really.

They kissed and hugged before a man , who I assumed was her dad appeared from a side hallway.

Kyra ran and gave him a hug. "What a nice surprise. My girl is back."

She smiled. "Yep."

Her sister was staring at me and I stared back. I wasn't scared of eye contact and I knew what she was doing. I did the same thing when Ariel brought boys home.

"I'm Cameron." I said looking at her. She nodded. "I'm Noni, Kyra's little big sister."

Kyra kissed her teeth. "Shut the hell up!"

Kyra wrapped her arms around my torso and smiled up at me. "Cam this is my sister Noni and my dad Michael. Guys this is Cameron, my boyfriend."

"Bout time I met you son. Kyra goes on and on about you when we talk. You must be treating her well." I nodded.
"I try my best to keep her happy."

"I would expect nothing less from you." He said seriously. "Take a seat, how long are you guys staying?"

"Just a few hours."

"What, why?"

"Cam is from Richmond and his moms birthday is tomorrow. That's why we flew up here. I wanted him to meet you."

He frowned and nodded. "Well it's good to see you Ky."

I smiled. "You too papa."

"So you're in the NBA huh?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"What position."

"Shooting Guard."

Michael nodded. "I heard y'all are heading for the playoffs but I haven't seen much of you."

"I was injured sir, but I'm healed and ready to get back on the court."

"So how long have you two been seeing each other exactly?"

"Around six/seven months."

He nodded. "How did you meet?"

I looked and Kyra and she smirked as I panicked. I wasn't exactly the nicest person in the world when we met.

Kyra

*Flashback*

I stepped off the elevator and trotted my way down the hall. My apartment was I'm the middle of the hall way so it was a little walk. I wouldn't complain much. The house was pretty with a great view of the beach when you glanced off the balcony.

As I neared my door I noticed a man standing at an apartment a few doors down from mine.

He was dressed in a fitting black Adidas sweatsuit and a Jordan; that considering his other foot was well casted.

He dropped his keys on the floor and cursed under his breath.

As I unlocked my door, I contemplated whether to help him or not. He was complete stranger.

I told myself why not and made my way over to him. I figure if he tried to kill me I could kick him in his bad foot.

I sat my food on the floor and picked his keys up from the floor as he stared down at me. He was very tall; at least 6'3/6'4.