31

Kyra

Jamie and I entered the small cafe and took a seat at one of the square tables. I hadn't hung out with her in a while so I wanted to hit her up and invite her out for lunch. I know her and Chris are joint at the hip most of the time but I wanted to see her.

"You're freaking glowing! I can't believe you're pregnant! Have I really been MIA that long? Like shit girl!" I laughed and nodded. "Yeah, it's been a secret for a while. My family knows, but that's about it."

"How does your father feel about that?" She asked.

"He's on the fence.." I said scanning the menu. "He's excited to be a grandfather but he doesn't like the circumstance that I'm in."

"Oh, so how is everything with Cam? Are you two talking? This is more than just about the both of you now."

I nodded. "I never planned on ignoring him or not telling him he has a child. That's wrong. I just dont want him to think this means anything. He can stay with the chick he left with."

She rolled her eyes. "She had no fucking chill button. How do you do that to your friend? She should have respected that you two were together. I just don't get these bitches today."

I shrugged. "All I know is I need to start figuring how I'm going to do this. Even with Cam in the picture, I'm still alone to an extent."

She nodded. "Yeah, you're going to be taking the baby back a forth between the two of you."

We ordered and I sipped my smoothie as we waited for our food.

"I'm just so sure that he will be so amazing with it. He's so good with kids, I can imagine him with ours being everything and more. I just wish he hadn't messed up."

"Everyone makes mistakes Kyra and I know you're afraid of going back. I know you don't want to be the one left looking stupid. I know that you're still hurting, but you've got to let it go for your baby... This baby needs you and Cam as a unit. I think you should sit down and maybe figure out where you two stand. You may not still be fighting, but you two aren't at an agreement either." She said thanking the waitress for our food.

"I hear what you're saying..." I said moving my salad around with my fork.

"Is he with her? Like relationship wise?" she asked glancing around the restaurant. "Chris said he saw Cam with some girl at a get together.."

I shook my head. "Yep."

She sighed. "How was Cali?"

I smiled thinking about the new extension to my family. "It was really great. I met my mom and my brother and her husband John who was so cool."

She smiled. "I'm so proud of you. I know it took a lot." She said handing the waiter her credit card as I did the same.

"Yeah, but I'm so happy and relieved now." I said sipping my, now faint lemonade.

"I would think you would be." She smiled as we got our cards back.

I lifted my cross body bag over my head and she grabbed my hand as we walked out of the resturant. Jamie was becoming my bestfriend slowly but surely. She was always there to talk and she gave the absolute best advice ever.

I remember the first day I met her. I had never seen her before in my life but I wanted her company since I was mad with Cam about the Leah situation. She had even given me advice that day as we walked around the big track that lead to me considering giving Cam a chance to explain.

She kissed my cheek as we made it to our cars that sat parked side by side. I gave her a big hug before I made my way home.

-
"What you doing? You've been at this computer for an hour.." Trey said walking into the living room and sitting on the couch next to me.