34

Kyra

The doorbell rang just as I pulled my hair into a huge bun on top of my head. It's growing way to long and I'm going to get it cut tomorrow. I look like a damn troll. Cam is going to be mad, but I don't care because it's my body. It's hair, it'll grow back and fast evidently.

I opened the door and Rashad immediately pulled me into a hug. I smiled and shut the door behind me. I lead him into the guess room, and he sat his bags down before following me back into the living room.

"Yo, you big nigga." I chuckled and looked down at my stomach. "Shut up."

He bent down and lightly pecked my lips. "How you been?"

I bit my lip and shrugged. "I'm lonely." He laughed. "Don't you got friends?"

I hit him across the head. "Yeah, but they not up my ass 24/7." He sat me on his lap and lifted my shirt. He placed a hand on my belly and sighed. "I can't believe you're pregnant Kyra."

His face dropped but he tried to hide it. "I thought you was gone have my kids one day and you having his... He doesn't even deserve the family he's getting. I would have never done you like that. He probably not even happy with that broad."

I looked down. "He's not."

"He trying to get you back huh?" I looked at him and nodded. "I think he's realized that it's really over."

I got off his lap and got the remote off of the table, sitting back down next to him.

"Rashad, are you looking for something? Right now, I can't. This little boy is my only focus."

"You are having a son too?" He asked in disbelief. "Damn..."

Rashad..." He sighed and ran his hands over his fade. "I don't know Kyra. I might just be feeling like this because I haven't seen you in so long. Maybe I do."

I crossed my legs and grabbed his hand. "And that's where I stop you." He looked at me confused but I ignored his expression and continued. "Let's be brutally honest. Cam isn't going to want you around our son and you're not going to want to raise another man's child. You don't have to. I'm still, and as much as I try to fight it, in love with him. I don't know if it's the baby or if I would have been like this even if I wasn't pregnant."

Rashad kissed his teeth. "You're still in love with a nigga that disrespected you like that? You gotta be kidding me."

"I never said I was putty in his damn hands but yes I am and I'm not going to pretend I'm not and hurt myself in the process. I'm not going to lie for you, him or anyone else."

"Yes. I love him. I'm head over heels in love with a man that cheated on me. That's the dumbest thing I've ever said but it's the most honest I've been with myself since it happened. It doesn't mean I've taken him back cause I haven't. He doesn't deserve me like you said. He can stay with that broad as you called her."

He laughed. "What does that mean? You winna be friends?"

I nodded. "I love you too damn much to let you walk out of my life after you've just reentered it." He smiled and I leaned over to kiss his soft lips.

"Aww, I can kiss you still?"

I shook my head. "That was a closure kiss." He nodded and pulled me into a hug.

The doorbell rang and I looked at Rashad. I knew it was Cam. He stops by randomly to check on me since I lived alone, and it slipped my mind.

"That's him ain't it?" I bit my lip.

"Well don't leave the nigga in the cold." He mumbled and I laughed. "He's in the hallway." He shrugged nonchalantly and started to flip through the channels.