||0.8||

Kylie Grier's POV:

I walked to the Jacks' room. It was shared with Shawn. We hadn't really hung out much, but he was really sweet.

I knocked on the door, and as expected, Shawn answered.

"Hey Shawn," I said, giving him a slight hug. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, of course," he answered. He had is guitar strapped over his shoulder. "I was just working on a song."

"Oh yeah! Nash told me you sang," I said, pointing to the guitar. "What song are you working on?"

"Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rae," he smiled.

"Really? Oh my shit! I love that song!" I squealed. He chuckled.

"Oh my shit? I haven't heard that one." He said before grabbing the neck of his guitar. "Want me to show you?"

I nodded and sat on the couch, himself taking a seat beside me. He strummed his guitar and sang. He was really good. No wonder he had so many songs and fans. He got to the end of the chorus before he paused.

"I don't know what to do here." He mumbled nervously. "Nash mentioned that you sing sometimes."

I was mentally directing curse words to Nash, for once hoping that the whole 'twin mind communication' actually worked.

"Uhh... I don't know. I sing, I take choir at church when I go with my friends. I wouldn't call it 'singing'. I'm obsessed with music, I just don't know if I sing good." I was searching for words to somewhat explain my relationship with singing.

"I'll be the judge of that. Can you help me?" He smiled in hopes of hearing the word 'sure' slip past my lips. I gave him an unsure look before agreeing.

"So, maybe you could quiet a bit when you start the second verse, and get louder toward the second half. Oh, and when you start the bridge between the verse and the chorus, maybe you could slow down before you get to 'anymore' and kind of bounce the note a bit." I explained. I laughed shortly after, realizing that was extremely hard to understand. "Here, let me show you."

I sang the way I described, except I ended the song. I had added a few bounced and broken notes.

Shawn smiled and nodded. "You sing great, by the way." He told me. I smiled and thanked him.

(Kylie: Shawn actually recorded and posted the video of him singing the song the exact way I had on YouTube.)

I smiled and gave Shawn a hug. "Do you know where the Jacks could be?" I asked before getting up to walk to the door.

"In Carter's room trying to talk to one of the guys."

"Who?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know." Shawn spoke slowly. He seemed to know as much as I did.

"Alright. I'm gonna go try to find Matt."

"Okay, thanks for the help." He said, he placed a kiss on my cheek, but it was a friend kind of kiss, nothing serious.

I walked to Nash's room. I opened it with the key card he gave me in case he left his key in the room. He did. No one was inside. Everyone was probably at Carter's room. I grabbed their key card from the dresser next to the door and closed it.

I went to the floor above us to Carter's room. There was yelling. It was my brother.

Shit, shit, shit!

I knocked on the door loudly. I wasn't answered. So I pounded my hands on the door louder. Still no answer. Jacob and Aaron's room was beside Carter's, and the door was open. I was hoping there was a door connecting their rooms. I walked into Jacob's room, closing the door, and searching for a connecting.