||2.3||

Kylie Grier's POV:

3 days later

"But why can't I come?" Matt whined, following me to the front door at 9 in the morning.

"Because it's a girl's day out or some shit, and the last time I checked, you aren't a girl." I laughed, grabbing my phone charger and keys.

"You don't know that." He laughed sleepily.

"I kinda do. I was proven positive like, three days ago," I winked, stepping out onto the porch.

Matt groaned. "Do you still have to go?"

"Of course! I haven't had a girl's day with Emily and Jenny in forever." I said, a half-dressed Matt following me to my car.

"But you haven't had a day out with me in forever."

"We live in the same room, Stupid!" I pull my phone out as soon as I put my purse in the passenger seat and stand between the car door and Matt.

"You best not be taking pictures of me, Shorty," he laughed.

"Nope, it's a video."

"Stop! I'll bite you!" He chuckled, putting two of my fingers in his mouth.

"Matt, you aren't a fucking dinosaur." I laughed, pulling my hand away.

"Yes I am!" He stomped his foot in a childish pout.

"Yes, you are. I'm sorry," I laughed. He had a childish pout on his face, his arms crossed against his chest, and his eyes on the ground.

"Not good enough." He said in a kiddish tone.

"I'll have a day out with you?"

"Better. But not enough."

"Kiss me?" I asked, trying to meet his eyes.

"Perfect." He said the word that seemed to be ours now. With that, he smirked victoriously and kissed my lips for a few seconds. He pulled away all-too soon. "See you later."

"Not fair!" I called as he turned on his heel and walked toward the house.

"Now you know how it feels." He laughed, turning around.

He gave a devilish grin. Dammit he knew it wouldn't be enough.

"Fuck you," I laughed.

"After your day with the girls, babe." Matt seemed to promise.

"Matt!" I laughed.

"Oops, love you." He smirked. He opened the door and disappeared inside.

I drove to the park in the middle of town to meet with Jenny and Emily. We had plans for spa and hair, shopping, movie, whatever the fuck we could do before 10 pm.

•••

"He did not!" I gasped as Jenny said "No way!"

"Yup. He honestly did. I should've known better than to trust Chase near Josh." Emily nodded.

"Hey, you didn't know he would punch Chase. Even though he's your ex, he shouldn't have done it. It's not your fault."Jenny told her.

"Yeah, Josh... Josh was..." I trailed. I had no way to describe him without hurting her somehow. Josh was Emily's ex, and truth be told, he was abusive. She put up with him for four years. It's sad really. He was eventually in juvenile prison after he hit her in front of a teacher, who they didn't know was watching.

Turns out, Josh had gotten out a couple of months ago, and he saw Chase and Emily, hand-in-hand in a restaurant last night and Chase got punched, Josh was sent back to JP.