||2.6||

Nash Grier's POV:

"Morning, Nash!" Everyone, including Jenny, greeted me when I walked into the kitchen that morning for breakfast. "Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks guys. Do you know where Kylie is?" I asked. They looked at each other and shook their heads.

"Here I am!" I heard my twin sister chime as she ran up behind me and jumped onto my back, I tumbled forward before finding my footing and turn around to her.

"Yay! Come on we have to go home. Hayes is in the car with his shit. Is Matt coming to visit mom and dad with us?" I asked her.

"Yup!" Matt yelled as he walked in, rolling two suitcases behind him.

Okay, let's get one thing straight. Matt annoyed me. He and my sister had a great relationship, and I was happy for them, but she was spending too much time with her first boyfriend. I was never around her, she never talked to anyone besides him. She wasn't the same Kylie around him. Ever since she 'fell in love' she keeps falling, and she's not herself anymore.

"Alright. Let's go. We'll see you all in a few days. Sorry we couldn't spend the day with you guys," I said. Everyone was on a group hug and Kylie and I were getting 'Happy Birthday' after 'Happy Birthday'.

After a while we were all in the car and I was driving us all to my parent's house.

•••

"Kylie, Nash, Hayes! Mommy, they're here!" I heard Skylynn yell as I opened the door. She came running up to us, trying her best to wrap her small arms around all of our legs. Kylie bended down and picked her up.

"Hey, Booger!" Kylie smiled, twirling in circles while holding our sister. She laughed and hugged Sky close to her.

Sky threw her arms around Kylie's neck. "I missed you, Ky." Sky said softly.

Mom and dad came around the corner and greeted as all with hugs and greeted Matt as well. Soon, Hayes and I had time to hug Sky and we all just hung out until we were gonna celebrate our birthday.

"Matt, you hurt my sister, I'll hurt your dolls," Sky said, pointing her finger up at Matt. He held his hands up in surrender.

"Alright! Deal!" He laughed. Sky giggled and ran back to sit on Kylie's lap.

We were all surrounded the table and about to have cake and open presents before going out to the pool and jumping in. Yes, it was December 28th, and it was freezing outside, but we are going to do it like we have for years.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Kylie and Nash! Happy birthday to you!" They all sang as Kylie and I smiled at each other and blew out our candles. Everyone cheered as we ate cake and ice-cream.

"You got something on your nose," Matt laughed, pointing at Kylie's nose, which had nothing on it.

That cliché fucker.

"Where?" Kylie gasps, covering her nose.

"Right here," Matt chucked, dabbing icing on his finger from the cake on the tip of her nose.

"Matt!" She exclaimed, putting icing on his nose and they laughed. Matt smeared icing on her cheek and she pouted, cleaning it off. "You're mean!"

"You love me!" Matt laughed. She rolled her eyes with a smile and stood up, taking to her piece of cake to the kitchen, a bit wasn't even taking out of it.

Something's wrong with my sister.

•••

"Kylie, can we talk real quick, alone?" I asked my sister, pulling her arm lightly to the side when she nodded. We stepped to the side and I looked at my short sister.

"What's up?" She asked, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet.

"You didn't eat your cake, Kylie. Why?" I asked her. Her smile dropped and she looked at the ground. "You know better than to think I wouldn't notice, I'm your twin Kylie."

"Nothing's wrong Nash, I just stopped eating that many sweets. I promise. I'll show you how much I'll eat at dinner, alright?"

"You better. I don't want you to go back there again. If my twin is down, so am I."

"Okay. Please don't mention this again, okay?" She asked, pleading tone behind every word. I knew this was about Matt.

"Promise."

"Thanks," she smiled, turning and walking back to Matt, smiling and probably laughing at something that wasn't funny.

He's the reason.

•••

"3! 2! 1!" We all counted down before jumping into the cold water in the pool. Kylie wise from the water after everyone, and unlike everyone else, including myself, Kylie wasn't shivering, screaming, or complaining about how cold the water is. She smiled up at me and dove back underwater.

She swam with such a smile on her face, you would think it was the last thing she'd ever do. She was so happy when she was swimming, she'd always loved it. She would go on her own, isolate herself and just swim on her own, doing front flips and back flips underwater. She was so creative, make a game out of anything. Kylie stopped swimming and looked up at Matt, smiling and pushing herself out of the water a bit by kicking her foot off of the pool floor to raise her and she planted a small kiss on his lips. He chuckled before grabbing her waist joyfully and digging her under the water.

Matt was a close friend of mine, I never thought anything about him. He was actually a great boyfriend and he treated Kylie the way I had always hoped someone would treat her. He made her happy, and that was all a twin could ask for his other half.

Matt, a lucky bastard who got my sister to love him. He treated her right, he made her happy, but he took her away from us all. Matt was a close friend, as I've said, who in attempt to make the woman he loved happy, pulled her away from her best friends, from her parents, from her school work, from her brothers, from her twin, from me. 

And I wish I still had the Kylie that had never met him. The Kylie who talked to me 24/7, who hung out with Marcus, Chase, Jenny, and I. Now she doesn't even notice us, it seems, and I would want my actual sister back. Not the fake Kylie she has created over time to make Matt happy. Because even I notice when no one else does.