||0.3||

Matthew Espinosa's POV:

Nash was going through that bag that Kylie brought over. I guess he was getting his stuff out. Hayes did the same before taking out an iPhone 6 with a light pink and dark purple chevron case on it, the words 'Wanna be my Superman?' written on it in light blue.

"Kylie left her phone in the bag." Nash stated. "Hey Matt?"

"Yeah?" I answered, hoping he wouldn't ask me to take it to her

"Can you take this across the hall to Kylie?" He asked me.

No. "Sure." I agreed and grabbed her phone.

I walked out of the room to see Kylie's hotel room door was open. Her room was empty, but her laptop was on. It was sitting on her bedside table open to Twitter. The screen showed an awful tweet directed toward Kylie. It stated that she was going to tear MagCon apart.

I heard broken sobs coming from the bathroom. I looked into the direction of the closed door and back at the laptop.

Kylie.

I ran to the bathroom and turned the doorknob quickly. It wouldn't open. The door was locked. I sat on the floor in front of the door.

"Kylie? Kylie, it's Matt. Open the door." I said, my words soft and quiet. "Kylie, open the door. Please."

I heard sniffles and whimpers from the other side of the door.

"Kylie." I said, a begging tone in my voice. "Please."

"I-- I can't." her voice broken and choked out. She stuttered between sobs. "I can't." she whispered.

I stood to my feet and looked at the door, my voice came out fast and worried. "What do you mean, Kylie?"

"I can't do it. I just cant." She felt weak. I could hear it in her tone. I jiggled the knob on the door swiftly. It was a push lock, the only way to unlock it from the opposite side was to put a thin and stiff wire through a small hole in the knob.

I rushed to her closet. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried and afraid. Not because someone could potentially be hurt, but because she was something different, and I liked her.

I grabbed one of the wired hangars and bent the hook at the top out into a somewhat straight line and ran my way back to the door.

I shoved the thin wire into the small opening quickly and heard a pop. Relief flooded over me and I was more than excited to open this door, no matter what was on the other side.

I opened the knob and walked through, Kylie was on the floor crying softly to herself. I looked at the floor and put my hands into my pockets before walking over to her slowly. She looked up at me as I sat at her side, placed my arm over her shoulder and tucking her into my side. She rested her head on my shoulder.

I had met this amazing girl an hour ago, but I felt like I've known her for forever. She sniffled and twisted her head into my shoulder to get comfortable.

"Can I trust you? Can I tell you personal things and know that you'll keep them?" She asked me, her red eyes closing and her mouth parting to release a breath.

"Of course you can. It's not like I'm going to run and tell your brother that you locked yourself in the bathroom." I heard a faint giggle from the girl next to me.

"Why is everyone so negative about me being in MagCon? What did I do?" her eyes opened momentarily before she closed them again and brought her hands to cover them. "Why do they think they can hurt me like I don't have feelings?"

"Let me give you some advice Kylie." I looked down at her as she lifted her gaze to meet mine. "People will be assholes. And if I've learned one thing in my 17 years of being alive, it's that assholes stink."

Kylie giggled stronger than before. I looked straight ahead and leaned my head against the wall behind me. I ran my hand up and down her arm mindlessly. She laid her head on my chest and fooled with my shirt.

"Why do I feel like we're best friends when I met you today?" She asked me, her fingers still pinching and twisting the material of my shirt, gently.

"I feel the same thing Kylie, and I have no idea why." She looked up at me with a small frown on her face. I raised my head from the support of the wall and looked at her. "What's wrong?"

"If we're so close already because it means something, you have to know something about me." she raised her hands from my shirt softly and slowly, placing her right hand on top of the thin material on her jacket covering her left wrist. A tear rolled down her cheek. I wiped it away and nodded.

"I won't tell a soul. Not one." I smiled, she nodded softly and rested her head on my shoulder. I felt her doze off to sleep. I smiled to myself and let a whispered sentence flee my mouth.

"I wanna be your SuperMan."

^•*•^
I don't know about this chapter. I kept deleting and rewriting it. But yeah, chapter 3! The chapters are short now, but they're going to get longer. Next chapter's a happy one, I promise!

//EmmaGale!//