Unwanted Attention.

Going out in London with Harry seemed like a cake walk now that I've been with him in America. We're in New York, the boys having performed on Good Morning America this morning. They were amazing, but it was overwhelming how many fans and people were packing the park and the streets.
     We had a plan to spend the rest of the day together, celebrating our six month anniversary with a romantic dinner later. I can't believe it's already been six months since we've met, Harry arguing that we have to count it from there, not when we went public. We're leaving a store, a crowd gathered there to see him, I seem to just be a bonus. There are girls everywhere, pushing around to get to Harry.
     "Hi Sadie," I hear quietly from somewhere behind me. I turn to find a small girl, smiling up at me. "Well hello beautiful, what's your name?" She blushes at my compliment, looking to her mom who encourages her to answer. "I'm Stevie. Do you love Harry?"
     I laugh and look to her mom who looks mortified that she said it, but I mouth that it's okay. I crouch, bending down to be the same height as the girl. "You know what? I do love Harry. Do you love him too?" She smiles and nods and takes my offered hand. I hug her and with my eyes ask if I can take her over to Harry. The mom nods, her eyes looking happy.
     "Come with me, Stevie." We walk the few feet to Harry, me holding her. "Harry, there's someone who wants to meet you." He turns and for a moment is frozen, watching me hold the little girl. Then he smiles, "well my goodness. Where did you find this little cutie?" She giggles, leaning into me. "Stevie was over there being shy. She asked me if I love you and said she loves you too." He hugs us both, kissing Stevie on the head. "Well cutie, I love you too."
     We walk to where her mom waits, posing for pictures and talking with them. I let Stevie down, kissing her head once before she runs off to her mom, talking loudly. "Mommy did you see that? Harry and Sadie love me!" Her mom smiles and mouths thank you, leading her out of the crowd. Harry pulls me to his side. "Sadie that was amazing. You're the best woman ever."
     I feel myself blush, but hug him. We make our way out of the crowd, not before three teenage girls stop us. "Harry, can't we have a picture too? With just you maybe?" I'm instantly uncomfortable, but nod to Harry saying it's fine. "We don't want that old woman in our picture."
     "Excuse me?" I hear Harry ask as I put my head down and try not to cry. "You heard us Harry. We thought you were done with old ladies." I feel Harry grab my hand, pulling me to him. "Well girls, buzz off. You aren't getting your pictures until you learn to be nice."
     They all give me a stink eye making me laugh a bit. Harry leads me to the car and helps me in before joining me, his hand instantly finding my thigh. "I'm sorry about that baby. You don't deserve that stuff." I tell him it's okay, cuddling into him. We head back to the hotel, no longer wanting to be in the chaos outside. I yawn, telling Harry I'm going to nap. I dream of those girls only this time, Harry laughs at me with them, breaking my heart.
•••
     This restaurant is far too expensive, but Harry denies my protests. "It's something special for us. So hush and enjoy it." He smiles, scrunching his nose at me. I pout but he leans to kiss me, sitting close to me on the bench seat. I'm quiet, I can tell Harry notices but he isn't pushing me.
     After we order and I'm still sitting quietly, Harry decides to ask me about it. "What's wrong gorgeous? Something's the matter." I stare at my hands, embarrassed about what's wrong. "I'm just still a bit upset about those girls from earlier is all." He sighs, taking me hand into his. "Why? Who cares what they say."
     "I care, Harry. The world adores you and I don't want to be a reason they stop." His eyes look at me softly, "baby you could never be. If they can't respect you then I have no time for them. They're just jealous." I smile at him shyly, leaning to kiss his jaw. "Thank you Harry."
     "You never have to thank me for standing up for you. I'll always do that." Our food comes and we eat, sharing bites from the other's plate. We drink wine and snuggle, sharing a dessert when we're done with our meals. Harry doesn't stop touching me, pressing soft kisses into my temple. He pays, like usual, against my wishes and leads me out to the car. Once again, a crowd is waiting.
     "I'm not stopping to talk to anyone, so hold my hand and follow me. I'll keep you safe," he kisses me, grabbing my hand. We walk out to flashes everywhere, the light blinding me as I walk. Things are shouted from every direction. "Harry, isn't Sadie too old for you?" "Harry, what is it about cougars?" "Sadie, why don't you find someone your own age?" Harry finally snaps.
     He pulls me behind him, angling himself to the nearest person with a camera. "Can you stop? I'm trying to enjoy a night with my girl and you're ruining it. We're happy, she's amazing. Leave us alone please." I'm surprised his words sound so nice since I can feel his body shaking. He continues to the car, pulling me in after him.
     "I'm so sorry baby. They're nuts. They only focus on your age because they have nothing bad to say about you." I nod, not believing him but loving his words anyways. "Thank you for what you said, Harry. You didn't have to do that."
     "I love you, Sadie. I won't let people talk bad of you. I can't let them." I kiss him, climbing into his lap and resting my head on his shoulder for the rest of the ride. Once we're in our room, I see Harry messing with his phone, mine buzzing to alert me of something. I see its twitter, Harry must have been on that. I go to see what he says.
@harry_styles: If you're going to be mean to sadie the don't bother talking to me. To the girls earlier, you should be ashamed of yourselves
@harry_styles: We love each other and are happy. Why do you want to ruin that? What do you accomplish making her cry by saying mean things to her?
@harry_styles: so be nice to @sadiesnaps or im done stopping for pics. You have my attention most the time so stop ruining my time with her
     "Harry, you didn't have to do that." I go to him, sitting on his lap. He pushes my hair back, kissing all over my face. "Yes I did. They need to know it is not okay. I won't let people be mean to you for no reason." He kisses me, holding me close to him. We stay cuddled, eventually moving to cuddle on the bed. "Happy six months, gorgeous. I'm so happy you're here with me." I smile into his neck.
     "I'm happy too Harry. Can't imagine being anywhere else than with you." We cuddle into the night, knowing I'm leaving tomorrow. We don't mention it instead focusing on our last night together and how much we love each other.