More than a game chapter 2

Eli wasn't thinking straight did Coach Johnson really offer Eli a position on the football team or is he really losing his mind.

His thought was cut short as the bell echoed the classroom. Eli packed all his stuff and walked out of the classroom he nearly froze when he reach Coach Johnson office.

He opened the door and walked in. Coach Johnson was sitting on his desk where he seems to be reading a list or something. Eli walked closer to the desk but Coach Johnson hasn't look up from his list. Eli clears his throat and Johnson look up from his list.

"You wanted to talk to me sir." Eli sat down on one of the squashy armchair.

“Yes Mr.-"

"Goldsworthy sir" Eli replied.

“Yes Goldsworthy I had notice during the little incident in the hall u have a good arm."

"I'm sorry sir but I understand where you going with this."Eli was clearly confused.

"Well Eli what I'm trying to say is that you have a hell of an arm and I am offering you a position on the football team."

Eli eyes widened. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. Is he dreaming or is this sick jokes.

"Are you serious?"

Coach Johnson nodded." son I know you are shocked but you have a gift and with your help we could actually go all the way to championship."

Eli leaned back from his chair trying to think right again. He massages his forehead.

"Look Eli you don't have to decide now. Just tell what you decide when you are ready."

Eli nodded and walked out of the office. He looks at his watch and saw that it was 4 o'clock. And suddenly it hit him his date with SHIT.

Please review...

Jellybean