More than a game chapter 3

There were a few things people from degrassi didn't know about Eli. One of them is he's a fast runner. Now Eli is running as fast as he could he had already bumped by a few rally girls and was at one point was getting yelled by the janitor for dirtying his spotless floors. Honestly Eli didn't care that he was giving dirty looks from the rally girls or was called a "little brat" by the janitor all it did matter to him was to arrive at the dot and explained himself to Clare while asking for forgiven. Eli was feet away from the entrance doors when he heard familiar are voices calling him.

“Holds up!"

Adam and Drew jogged over to Eli both beaming at him." Oh no! They know."

"Bro we heard you got a spot on the football team." Said Drew patting him on the back." Congrats bro when do you start practice?"

Eli looked at his wristwatch and saw that he was already twenty minute late." I haven't decided if I want to join the team."

Somehow Drew and Adam notice that Eli seem to be in a rush to go somewhere and quickly said goodbye and left. Eli took the opportunity of being alone and quickly made his way to the entrance doors. He jumped the stairs and went to a search to find Morty. He soon found Morty and drove off.

Eli had managed to arrive at the dot in less than five minutes without getting caught speeding. He slams his door and hurried inside the dot. The bell that was attached to the door rang as he walked pass the door. He saw Clare turned around and their eyes meet. Clare waved over to him and Eli walked over to the table Clare sat at.

"Hey I'm so sorry I was talking to a teacher." said Eli.

"Its fine I'm just you're here now!" said Clare blushing.

At that moment Peter came to their table with a smile and a notepad and pencil in his hands," what would you like to order?"

"Clare looked at her menu." I will take the hamburger deluxe with coke please." Peter nodded and scribbles down the order and look at Eli." I'll just have the same." Eli said. Peter wrote that as well and walked away.

Eli and Clare stood quiet. Eli was deciding the best time to tell Clare about the football offer and Clare was looking at the window. A few second later the foods arrive.

"So I have some news to tell you." Eli was adding ketchup to his fries.

"Really what's it?" asked Clare eating the French fries.

"Remember how I told you I was talking to a teacher?" Clare nodded indicating for him to continue." Well I was actually talking to the football team and he had offered me a spot on the team."

"Eli this is great news!"Clare was beaming and hugs Eli from the table." Tell me how this happen?"

For the rest of their date Eli had explained what had happen this morning and after refusing to let Clare paying for their food. They were now standing in front of Clare House. Eli was getting nervous. He got to make his move now or never.

"Do it now!" Eli mind screamed. He took a hold of Clare wrist as she was about to slipped inside her house and Eli leaned in and crushed his lips to hers.

Eli broke the kissed. Eli had to admit he was damn proud of himself. After months of wanting to kiss Clare he had finally done it. Clare stood there froze.

"I see you tomorrow?"

Clare manages to nod her head and slip inside her house. Eli waited until she was fully inside before doing a little victory dance.

Eli walked back to Morty and drove home. As soon he got home he walked to the kitchen where he greeted his mom with a kissed on the cheek.

"Hello baby boy dinner is almost ready." Said Cece as she stirs the pot

Eli nodded and walked over to the fridge, he grabbed the orange juice before setting himself done to the marble table.

"Where is dad?" Eli asked as he took a swing of the orange juice.

"He was called from worked again." Said Cece as she sat down across from Eli

Eli nodded. He always act like his father absent didn't bother him but deep down it's bother him. Since Bullfrog took extras hours at the radio station to get extra money to his paycheck he haven't been around for dinner, or haven't been around to joke around about Clare in front of me. Eli just fakes a smile like it doesn't bother him.

"So how was your date with Clare?" asked Cece breaking Eli from his thought.

"It went well I kissed her but I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend." said Eli. "And I was also offer a position on the football team. Cece Got up and Hugged Eli tightly

"Baby Boy this is great. Wait till your father hears about this!

"Thanks Ma, I'm going to sleep for a while." He kissed his mom cheek and walked upstairs. Today was a crazy day and Eli was in a need of nap. He walked inside his room and without changing his clothes he jumped to his bed and fell asleep quickly.

BRING!

BRING!

BRING!

Eli groaned as he rolled over, he looked at his alarm clock and slam the sleep button. Eli got up and quickly changed to his uniform, take a quick shower, brush his teeth and walked downstairs were he grab a apple and hop on Morty.

Eli first mission as soon he got to degrassi was to find Clare. He walked to his locker where Clare was already by her locker getting ready for her first period.

"Hey Clare" said Eli as he opened his locker.

"Eli. Hey I wanted to talk to you about yesterday!" said Clare as she shut her locker.

As Clare was about to speak, Eli was kissing her again. He broke the kiss and look at Clare in the eyes." Clare I have liked you since I had meet you. Will you be my Girlfriend?"

Clare smiled and kisses Eli." I've been waiting to hear that for a while." Eli smirked and grasps her hand and the new couple walked together at the hall.

Eli stood in front of Coach Johnson. He hesitated to knock on the door. He know as soon he tell Coach Johnson his decision everything is going to be different. They won't see him as Eli Goldsworthy the Emo Boy. Eli knocks on the door, after hearing a muffled "open" Eli open the door and walked in. Coach Johnson looked up and smile. "Goldsworthy I was wondering when I would hear from you again"

"I was thinking about the offer and I accept you offer."