More than a game chapter 17

Eli opened his locker and pulled out his History book, he felt someone tap his shoulder and he turned around hoping that it was Clare, but he soon was face to face with Coach Johnson, he didn't say anything but threw the away jersey at him, the one he had returned when they all found out about his ankle injuries. Before he could have open his mouth to speak Coach Johnson spoke;

"You're playing tonight game." Coach Johnson said smirking.

"B….But my…" Stuttered Eli

"Your ankle is fine! Your Doctor called me a few minutes ago."

Eli didn't respond but was looking at the white jersey, he was once again glad he can play football again. But his face immediately fell. Adam! How can he forget about his best friend? He returns the jersey back.

"I'm sorry sir but I can't play!"

"What are you talking about Goldsworthy?"

"I feel like I am taking Adam spot! And I can't do that,"

The bell ring and student hurried off to their class, Eli were taking step away from Coach Johnson until he felt Coach Johnson grasp his shoulder.

"Son let me tell you something!" Coach Johnson said." Adam would have wanted you to play tonight game, to get revenge on Barnwell, especially crouch. I am going to let you get to class but think about it! And tell me if you want to play or not!"

Eli watched Coach Johnson walked away. He didn't know what to do! He had to talk to Adam; Eli quickly turned around and sped off to the entrance door. He jumped on Morty and drove off to the hospital; When Eli got to the hospital Parking lot he found a parking and walked inside the hospital, he walked to the desk and asked for Adam room number. As soon he got the room number he ran to his room to find Doctor William standing in front of Adam room door, and he was talking to another Doctor in hushed voices;

"Um… Excuse me Doctor William."

"Ahh...Mr. Goldsworthy aren't you suppose to be at school?" Doctor William asked looking at Eli behind his Square glasses.

"Is Adam awake?" Eli asked ignoring Doctor William question.

"He's inside eating, you may come in"

"Thank you."

Eli opens the door and smiled big when he saw Adam picking up a broccoli with his fork. He saw Eli and smirk. "About time you visit me!" Eli laughs. He knows it only been two days but he missed Adam humor.

"It only had been one day." Eli laughs as he took a seat next to Adam bed.

"So Mr. Goldsworthy you want to tell me why you're not in school?" said Eli clapping Adam in the shoulder.

"What I can't see my best friend?"

"Eli I'm paralyzed not blind, what is going on?"

This was one of the reason that Adam was Eli best friend; unlike others people, and sometime Clare as well, Adam was the only one that know when something is bothering Eli.

"My doctor called Johnson and told him that I can play football,"

"Bro that good, congratulation"

Adam didn't saw the smile; the same smile that he saw when Eli first got into the football team, immediately he knew that something was up.

"This is good news right?"

Eli didn't spoke.

"Eli what's the problem with you being able to play football again?"