In A Daze

Danielle

The buzzing noise of the lights in my room were the only thing to be heard in two days. The only time I talked was when I called Teyana and she told me she would be here today and whenever I had to use the restroom.

Other than that I had no contact with the outside world. I had no one but me. Tomorrow I would be back into the world. I needed to go to the studio but I didn't even want to talk, let alone sing a song.

"Danni, sweetheart." Tee basically cried running up to me taking in my appearance. "What happened?" I had just stopped crying and tears threatened my eyes again.

We sat there talking. Finally remembering the argument that I had with Eric. This had everything to do with him. I just don't understand what I had done to be done this way.

I feel like I'm retreating into myself again. Telling myself that if I would've done this different, or that different he wouldn't be this way. Teyana had kept reminding me that men don't rest their hands on you and how I deserved so much better. That's just it. I felt like I didn't deserve that.

It was time for me to go home. I hadn't heard from the police letting me know whether or not they had gotten Eric in custody. Last I heard he was out roaming around making statements as if he was so concerned about my wellbeing.

"Danni, sweetie. We're going to stop at'cha house to grab a few things and then I'm taking you to my house. Is that okay?" I just nodded I wanted to go and curl up in my bed alone and forget the world, but I couldn't forget what might lie ahead.

Walking out of the hospital was overwhelming. But walking into my own home was worse. I just stood there. The place I shared with Eric.

After the tests came back they placed Eric in to custody and took him in. The officers that came to my room kept asking me if i wanted to press charges. I don't know why but, I was unsure.

He has done terrible things to me but I love him. I don't see why or how I'm not his main focus. It was so believable.

I only had a few days to decide or else they would have to let him out. "Baby, are you hungry?" Tee shouted from the kitchen. Was I hungry? "Nope." I said popping the 'P'.

Tee came back into the living room with celery and carrots. I took a few. Even tho I didn't have an appetite, they were my favorite.

"What time are we heading to your house?" I questioned heading up the stairs to my room. I needed to grab a few of my things for my extended stay at Teyana's house.

I went into my room staring around. Everything was exactly the same. Baffling how I couldn't stand it here one moment but miss it the next.

I walked over to my bed staring at the bed I shared with Eric. My eyes began to burn signaling tears. I shook my head violently, I could feel the rage building up in my body.

I couldn't help but cry. The next thing I knew things were flying everywhere. I felt so numb. I threw my MacBook across the room. Watching it shatter into two pieces. I ended my fit of rage by snatching the covers and sheets off my bed after realizing all my song lyrics and such were stored there. I screamed in frustration. I went to the closet where Eric and I things still were.