Drunken Acts

August.

For a whole week I was ignoring everyone. I wasn't answering the phone hadn't been really eating. I was just in this bullshit ass mood and I know that if I was to say anything to anyone it wouldn't be good. Now I'm just sitting here being an ass.

"August, how about this shirt?" She looked at me with sincere eyes.

"It's iight." This is the 3rd shirt she's showed me that I liked. I just don't feel like talking to her really.

"How are we going to be ready for the last month of your tour of you don't help me with the clothes?" If I didn't know any better she just wanted to talk to me. This girl knows what I like. In the last month she has never picked an article of clothing that I hated, except for that short ass shirt. Fuck that shirt.

After another 15 minutes of badgering me she finally got the hint.

"Look, if there's something you want to say, just say it. I'm just trying to do my job." I stood up to get closer so that she could understand me. I knew this was probably outta my league but she needed to know.

"You let me care for you, you let me get to know you just for you to turn around to go back to someone who doesn't even care about you. That day when you left with him, I was worried shitless."
She looked up at me.

"I didn't ask you to be. Why do you care? Huh? Why do you even wanna make sure I'm okay. Just to make sure your clothes are ready for the next day?" I saw her eyes get glossy. But she quickly used her sleeve to stop the tears.

"I didn't ask for you to care. Okay? So I'm just going to do my job and make sure it's perfect. Okay, Mr. Alsina.? I don't need your sympathy." She was basically screaming when she finished her speech. She threw the rack down and threw shoes and clothes at me. Of course I was dodging them, but she was getting a little to close so I ran up and grabbed her. She sat there and cried for a minute. "I just don't see the point. What do you want from me?!" She screamed and walked towards the door pushed and it flung open. She took one more look at me with tears in her eyes before heading out.

"August? What's going on?"
I looked up and saw V.
Fuck!
Is all I had floating in my head. Why was she even in New York in the first place.

"Nothin." Is all I could muster up. She just watched a beauty leave my room crying and clothes all over the floor.

"It seems like there was a fight in here. Why was your help crying walking out of here?" I cringed when she called her the help.
"Is that why you haven't been answering my phone calls? Is that why you've been ignoring me because you don't want me anymore? Is it because of her? Like I don't get it. You talk alla' this just to do what you tell me not to do. Are you fucking her?!" She screamed a million and one questions and I felt that I owed her no explanation but I continued anyway.

"I haven't answered anyone's calls, V. I'm just dealing with a lot. There's nothing going on between me and that girl. She's just here to help me get my shit together." Which was partly true. She wanted nothing to do with me while I wanted everything to do with her.

"Something just happened with her nigga and he's here and she's upset." I watched V tense up at the last statement but she still had anger in her eyes.

"Wait, why are you here? How did you know I was at this hotel?" She smacked her lips. "You really think I don't know my man?" She dropped her arms and walked towards me.

We sat there in silence for awhile. I was just sitting there her on my lap. I couldn't help but wonder if Danni was okay. What she was going to do, if she would ever want to speak again.