chapter fourteen: unexpected

hi guys, 

long time no see right? yeah... im really sorry believe me!!! this chapter was actually REALLY hard to write, i relly wanted to capture the emotions of some of the characters. edward, esme, bella and melanies thoughts on immortality. yes, im team edward ;) and i really wanted to show a bit more of edward's emotions in this chapter- wonder why? read the chapter after this authors note XD or just skip this if you want... still here? good! well you'll be pleased to hear that i am currently on school holidays!!! yay!!!! more time to write edit and upload! so expect a new chapter of starlight soon, maybe a week? plus, a new chapter for 'his pain' either tomorrow or the day after. anyway, another video attached on the side>>> its about edward and bella's love, but i think the song and the emotions expressed through the video are reatable to melanies situation in this chapter, her feelings towards jamie and stuff... speaking of jamie, he's going to appear soon so relax any of you jelanie fans XD he will finally appear in the next chapter or the one after. picture on the side as well... the words underneath are from the song "titanium" i love that song. this song really shows melanies thoughts on being immortal- she fearless! i couldnt add two videos sadly but everyone should know that song anyway... if not just listen to "titanium by davidg ueta ft sia on youtube! again i apologize for the late delay :S this chapter is dedicated to @emmapresho for her lovely comment on the preface! thanks!

-dannie

"Alice, when can I look?"

"Not yet," Alice chirped, "we're nearly there."

"Uh-huh. Sure." I mumbled. 

"Okay, you're about to go down the staircase, don't fall." She said. 

Great. I was blindfolded, being led down a staircase to my birthday surprise. 

I hated surprises. 

Plus, I was probably going to trip over my own feet if I couldn't see where I placed them. Great.

I finally felt my feet land on solid, even ground, and I let out a small sigh of relief. 

"Okay take off your blindfold in three, Two, One."

I yanked off the fabric from my eyes and stared wide eyed at the setup of the Cullen's living room. Red streamers were hoisted up high on the walls, small groupings of balloons and streamers in every corner of the wife living space. There were small candles burning in a few places, surrounded by red rose petals. It was really pretty.

There was a big table of food with chips and dips of all sorts; but what caught my attention was the colossal cake sitting in the centre table. It was big enough to feed an army.

I looked around and saw the Cullens standing around in various places in the room. Carlisle and Esme were standing next to eachother, as well as Emmett and Rosalie sitting near the back; Emmett grinning while holding a wrapped box in his hands. Edward was seated at the piano and had just started playing the piano, a piece that I recognized from my childhood. 

Bella was seated against the wall, talking to Jacob while renesmee conversed messages to them through her strange power. Jasper had just walked over behind me to be with his alice- who was probably silently jumping for joy at this monstrosity.  

I realized that the Cullens weren't the only ones here, which probably explained the excessive amount of food. Some of the wolf pack was here, and not just Jacob but Seth, Embry and Quil. Apparently the wolves were on good terms with the Cullens; just one of the stories I had been told about the exclusive life of the Cullens.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone chorused, bell like, crystal voice from the vampires and hollering booming noise of the wolf pack boys. I had to block my ears from the noise, but I couldn't help smiling at their enthusiasm. It was kinda contagious.