Chapter 15

They are just laying on Rachel's bed, Quinn curled up into Rachel's side and grazing her fingertips over and over Rachel's neck. Her neck is really sexy. They've been kissing softly, time and time again, but they haven't engaged in heavy making out like they had the previous day. Quinn really likes how soft Rachel feels around her, but yet keeps her feeling safe.

Rachel likes to have Quinn in her arms. It works. She thinks they work.

Rachel picked Quinn up at work, and after eating dinner at a Chipotle nearby, she drove them back to her house. Her parents were gone again, each working late. As soon as Rachel saw Quinn leave the clinic, she realized there was something going on in that pretty little head of hers, and she worried. Quinn had greeted her with a quick peck and a graceful smile, before hugging Rachel close, breathing in the smell of Rachel's sweet perfume. As long as Quinn needed to hug Rachel, Rachel obliged, so they stood there and felt the other's arms around them.

So when they came back to Rachel's, she simply took Quinn up to her room and gently pushed her toward the bed, urging her to sit and relax. Quinn looked at her with a strained smile, and tried to stop Rachel when she reached for her shoes, but Rachel tapped her hand out of the way and removed the sandals. Placing them next to the bed, Rachel took her shoes off, and crawled on top of the bed. She opened her arm and Quinn had instantly rolled into her, letting Rachel hold her.

They haven't spoken about what it is that's bothering Quinn yet, but she has an idea. It probably has to do with her father still. She twirls a long lock of blonde hair on her index finger and quickly looks at Quinn's hazel eyes reflecting the last bits of sunlight coming into the room. "What are you thinking about?" She prompts and shifts a bit to increase eye contact.

Quinn expels air through her mouth for a long while until she tells Rachel what's the problem. "My mother called while I was at work."

The news doesn't surprise Rachel. She is actually surprised that Quinn's mother took this long to call and find out what happened to her daughter and granddaughter. "What did she say?"

"She's just wondering when I'm coming home; says Russell left Saturday right after I had."

"What are you going to do?" Rachel asks softly.

She can practically hear the gears in Quinn's mind as she ponders about the question. "Well, I thought about it a lot during work and I have to go home to get some clothes for me and Beth anyway. The clothes we have at the Brittana household isn't going to last us the rest of the week... Maybe then I'll talk to her and see just what the hell she was thinking when she let him hold my daughter." It would be a lie if she says she isn't still angry with her mother for that.

Rachel really admires Quinn's strength through the entire ordeal. "I think that's a wonderful idea," she says easily. Really, how could Quinn's mother do that? She's a mom too. Isn't there some kind of mom code for this? Shouldn't she empathize?

"And it's better this way, because Puck has Beth and -"

"There is no way your mother can appeal to that - the granddaughter misses her grandma thing." Rachel finishes her thought. Quinn smiles sadly and barely nods. "Would you like me to go with you? Or we can call Santana at work and see if she's able to."

Quinn's fingers travel up Rachel's neck, her nails dragging over Rachel's skin, setting fire to it. She guides Rachel's chin down and to her lips and asks, "You'd really go with me? Because I'm thinking I'll need someone there, even if you just hang out in the living room. I'll know you're there for me." The kiss she leaves on Rachel's lips lets Rachel know that Quinn is thankful she offered.

"Of course I'll be there," she leaves her own kiss on Quinn's lips and then backs away just enough to look in her bright eyes. "When do you want to go?"