Chapter 7

She wakes up four hours later, tired and - she swears she's dying - ready to go back to sleep. Her head kind of hurts, but it's mostly just fuzzy. Rolling away from Rachel (she moved during her sleep and woke up an inch away from Rachel's back), she stretches to get up. She grabs her clothes sitting on top of the desk in the room and only lingers for about five seconds watching Rachel asleep. She's gorgeous. Quickly, she rushes out of the room and knocks on Santana's and Britt's bedroom.

The other blonde is the one who opens the door, groggy and clearly still asleep. Santana doesn't even stir. "Sorry, Britt," Quinn apologizes. "I just wanted to say bye to Beth before leaving."

"'S okay, Q. Little B would be upset if you left without saying bye." She opens the door wider and lets Quinn come in.

"I think so too," Quinn comments as she makes her way to the crib. Beth is still asleep; thank God she's been sleeping through the night. She looks so peaceful, a fist curled under her chin and an arm stretched out. "Bye, baby. I'll see you later today." Quinn bends to kiss her forehead dearly and then says goodbye to Britt. "I'll pick her up around same time as yesterday and this time I won't overstay." She laughs lightly and Britt does too.

"You know you're always welcome here. That guest room is supposed to be yours, anyway. Or so says Santana."

They're standing by the door, "I know," Quinn chuckles and shakes her head. "Lock the door behind me." Quinn tells her and leaves.

The commute to work is long. Every morning it's the same; she gets stuck in traffic for about twenty minutes, and then it frees up out of nowhere.

She needs a new job; one that doesn't take so long to get to, and one where she actually has hands on experience with what she's studying. Being a receptionist isn't getting her anywhere, except that it helps with buying what she needs for Beth and pays tuition at the community college. Okay, so maybe it is getting her somewhere and she doesn't need a new job.

It'd help if she worked with someone, but it's a small, private clinic, and they only need one person to man the administrative work. Basically, her day consists of sitting on a chair, inputing information into a computer, making calls, and calling out patient's names.

At least they pay well and the doctors are nice.

She sighs and checks her watch again; three times in two minutes. That's a record. It feels like she's been at work for at least five hours but it's only been one.

At last, a patient comes in, making the door ring. She puts on her best smile, "Hello, Mrs. Chang. You're right on time for your appointment. How are you?" Quinn asks, while checking off on the computer program that Mrs. Chang arrived. She draws a lock of hair behind her ear and then licks her thumb to flip through some pages of the appointment book they also keep. She checks that off, too.

"Great, dear." Mrs. Chang is Mike's mom. She went to high school with him, and while they were never best friends, he became a good friend toward the last semester of senior year. Now he's somewhere in Europe, being awesome. "I really like your top."

Mrs. Chang is always polite to her and finds something nice to say when she comes to the doctor. Quinn smiles and looks down at the purple top she has on. She thanks her and informs her that the doctor will see her soon. "You can have a seat." As Mrs. Chang makes her way to the seats provided, she calls her doctor to let him know his nine o'clock is here.

"Thank you, Quinn. Let her in, please." His voice comes on the speaker.

"He's ready for you, Mrs. Chang."

The Asian lady stands and makes her way down the hallway, where a nurse holding a clipboard is waiting. Quinn turns back to her computer and pulls up an article on eight-month olds and where they should be at. Dr. Smith - another one of the doctors who own the clinic - has already explained that Beth is right where she should be, but she likes to read anyway.