Chapter 35

"Did you get everything?" Rachel asks from the bedroom door, watching as Quinn packs the last things on her bed.

Quinn looks over her shoulder at the image of one sad-looking Rachel who is not willing to say just how devastated this is making her. She smiles and goes back to her packing, "yes, I did, honey."

Rachel steps into the room, wanting nothing more than to tell Quinn to stay and never leave her; wanting to give her no other options but to be with her. She knows she can't, but that doesn't keep her from wanting it. "Do you need any help in here?"

Shaking her head, Quinn tells her, "no, I'm almost done but thanks."

"Okay, well, um, Beth's eating breakfast with Blaine right now and she's dressed too. I saved you some waffles and oatmeal, and an apple," Rachel informs Quinn as she sits next to Quinn's suitcase open on the bed. She picks up a shirt from inside and picks at it as Quinn folds another one and settles it its place.

Quinn notices that Rachel's probably subconsciously trying to keep her from finishing the task at hand, so she gently pries the shirt from her hand and leaves a kiss on her cheek. "I need this," she finds another place for it in the suitcase and adds, "but thanks for taking care of Beth again this morning and for breakfast."

Rachel sighs and stands, admires Quinn's profile, and then admits, "I don't want you to go."

"And I don't want to go," Quinn is quick to reassure her. She turns, licking her lips, and kisses Rachel. "I really don't, but I have to." Rachel grabs her hands and plays with those slender fingers.

"I know," Rachel says, disappointed. "And it's only a month until Christmas." She smiles, albeit forcefully, and lets go of Quinn's hands in favor of holding her face. Quinn's nose scrunches up in a dorky smile, "and you'll get the best gift ever - me at home."

It breaks some of the tension, the way Quinn laughs, and it makes Rachel laugh the same way - loud and free. "Oh! You know what?" She asks, wrapping her arms around Rachel's neck. "We'll be living together, in your parents' home."

"Won't be much different than this week," Rachel says, with a secret look reserved for the both of them about their activities involving this very bed and this very room.

"It better not be, although I'm not sure how I feel about doing it with your parents there." Quinn tells her and gives another peck on her lips before going back to packing.

Rachel sticks her hands in her pocket to give them a place to live besides on Quinn's body. "Their room is downstairs, they can't hear." Rachel tries to argue.

"We can have sex when they're not home, Rach," Quinn offers as a solution.

"But you won't be home when they're not home. What am I supposed to do?" Rachel whines.

Quinn hums to herself and then turns to Rachel with pursed lips, "think about me?"

"You tease," she jokes and crosses her arms, still fiddling with what to do with her hands. "Fine, I'll just find something to do while you're out."

"What'd you do during summer?" Quinn asks, dumbfounded, palms turned up next to her body.

Rachel thinks and can't remember much, "I... waited... for you to be available?" She feels stupid, and kind of awkward now that she's admitting to not doing much. "I read a lot, and sang."

"Aw, babe," Quinn coos and goes back to organizing.

"Don't!" Rachel warns with a smile, "god, it's not like I'm whipped or anything. It's just that there isn't much to do in Lima if you don't have a job."