Chapter 10

She's nervous. Looking around for a few seconds, she doesn't see anyone who could be Dr. Evans' son, so she sits down. On one of those really uncomfortable green benches, but it does the job of keeping her steady. She pulls out her phone from her dress' pocket and then crosses her legs.

She texts Rachel, "hey :)" because she doesn't want to make a big deal about this morning when she had the best date ever last night.

Beth fell asleep right before the movie finished. She spent the entire time in Rachel's arms and they talked softly about the movie, and work, and New York with Blaine, and Beth, the restaurant, and Quinn's mom, and her best friends, and Rachel's dads. It was the things they talk about while on the phone, but without the distance. And much more comfortable. At least for Quinn.

It's ten in the morning, and Quinn agreed to meet with Dr. Evans' son. His name is Sam apparently, and he is a month younger than she is.

Her phone vibrates in her hand and smiles when the screen shows her Rachel is replying.

"Good morning, Quinn. Did you sleep well?"

She wonders if Rachel is just now waking up or if she's really just this polite all the time.

"I slept like a baby. Beth had competition. You?"

She thinks of Beth at home, with her mom and smiles. She already misses her baby girl, and she's only been away for about half an hour now.

After the movie was over, Rachel ran to the kitchen and found the Kisses bag and they shared a good portion of the rest of the bag. Rachel had told her she doesn't like chocolate that much, but by the way she was eating those last night, Quinn doubts that's entirely true.

At some point in the night, Rachel chuckled softly under her breath and looked at Quinn's lips from behind her eyelashes. "Quinn," she had said with a teasing tone. Quinn shivers just thinking about the way Rachel was looking at her. Then Rachel's hand rose from where it had been and Rachel carefully userd her thumb to clean chocolate off the corner of her lips. So carefully. The way her finger slightly pressed against her mouth was so electrifying. So sexual that she felt her entire body react. When she managed to look back up at Rachel, she had only smiled softly and said Quinn was: "cute."

When she feels the phone vibrate again, she snaps back to reality. Her chest is rising and falling in a pattern - she's working herself up with only thoughts of Rachel. It's just that Rachel is so careful and attentive, and everything she does is laced in sexy.

"Damn," she mutters to herself and exhales forcefully. She opens the message Rachel sent.

"I've never slept so soundly - maybe only that day we shared a bed. Did you have fun?"

The phone almost falls from her hands when she sees the text and thinks about that night, again. Her entire week, her thoughts drifted back over and over to that night of being so close to Rachel but not being able to actually do anything about it. Wanting to kiss her and being told to wait. Everything was strangely perfect. Now she understands Rachel's reasoning and she is thankful that Rachel is being so careful with her; protecting her.

Quinn thinks Rachel must be playing with her. Of course she had fun! "It was the best date I've ever been to."

"Q?" Her head snaps up and away from the phone at the voice.

She stands up and smooths the skirt of her baby blue dress with elephant prints. "Puck, hi." She says, breathing out his name in a familiar manner. Her heart clenches looking at him.

"Hey, baby mama." He says softly and pulls her in for a hug. Her arms are guided around his waist and his strong arms wrap her shoulders. "I missed you and Beth. How is she? Where is she?" He looks for his daughter but doesn't seem to find the stroller with his precious kid.