Chapter 26

"You look - stunning." Rachel turns around, surprised. She finds Quinn with her arms crossed and an appreciative look in her eyes. It makes Rachel blush.

Judy bought Rachel a beautiful long red dress, somehow guessing her size perfectly. It hugs her body in all the right places and there is a long cut from right above her knee down to the floor. "Your mother got this for me," Rachel makes motion with her hands to show she's talking about the dress. She also has tall red pumps and a pearl necklace. "Mrs. Dirk, I think? She lent me the necklace, and the shoes were a gift from Mrs. Evans. I believe she is Sam's mom."

Quinn comes inside the room and closes the door behind her, her own navy blue gown following her behind. "Yes, they like to make sure the entertainment looks good. Though with you they do not have to try hard at all. You could wear trash bags and you'd look gorgeous." Hazel eyes fall upon Rachel's and Rachel feels her breath literally being taken away. It happens often.

"Thank you, Quinn. You look pretty gorgeous yourself."

It's like Quinn doesn't hear the compliment, she rises a hand to Rachel's face but doesn't touch it. She looks at Rachel's hair, "I love your hair like this." It's pinned up and to the left, with a red rose fasting it into place. Her bangs are curled and to the side, falling diagonally to the right.

"Thanks," Rachel murmurs, shyness overtaking her with the way Quinn is scrutizining her. "When did you get here?" Rachel tries to change subjects, just to alleviate herself of Quinn's hold on her for a little bit. She cannot compromise her performance by letting Quinn get her all hot and bothered specially if they can't follow through.

With a smirk, Quinn concedes. She steps back, still holding Rachel's gaze with her own, and then breaks it when she makes way to the mirror. She fixes her hair a bit, pushing a few strands here and there. "Just now. I had to drop off Beth at the Lopez-Pierce household. You?" She fixes her lipstick while Rachel watches off to the side, leaning against a white sink.

"My father dropped me off half an hour ago. I was hoping you'd give me a ride home," Rachel admits and bites her lip. Quinn agrees with chuckle and a nod.

This bathroom looks like it could cost about three times of Rachel's home and that's saying something. It looks incredibly posh, like something straight off Millionaire magazine. Does that even exist? If it doesn't, it should and this bathroom should be in it. In fact, the entire country club looks like this. Marbles and fancy rugs, gold details, silk sheets. The people Rachel is singing to is used to quality things. She hopes she doesn't disappoint and this thought is somehow getting to her.

She never gets this nervous, she can't. And she's usually so sure in herself, she never does. But something about impressing Judy and the women she mixes herself with is getting to her. She feels sort of dizzy so she grabs onto the sink and tries to steady herself by closing her eyes.

Noticing this, Quinn quickly crosses the room to where Rachel's standing and holds her up by the elbow. "Are you okay, Rachel?"

"Yes, I'm fine," she lies, for Quinn's sake. She really just wants to sit somewhere and breathe.

"You don't look fine. Are you nervous? This isn't that scary, baby. They won't eat you alive." Quinn says and chuckles. She turns on the faucet on cold and lets the water run over her fingers. The hand which is dry keeps a steady hold on Rachel while she uses the wet hand to dab Rachel's cheeks and forehead.

"I've never been this nervous about performing, I promise," Rachel feels the need to say. "Uh, my entire professional life will be made of moments like this, you know?"She revels in the comfort Quinn is providing, allowing for her worries to evaporate with all the sweating she's doing and consciously giving in to Quinn's attempt to keep her cool.