Chapter 39

Rachel laughs the entire way up to her room. They sneak past their parents and friends laughing so loud in the kitchen, that Rachel's sure they haven't noticed their arrival. Quinn has to shush Rachel a couple of times before she can control her laughing to a point where it's just a string of giggles.

Once they're in her room, Rachel turns and closes the door behind her. She feels Quinn approach her from behind, her long arms trapping Rachel between her body and the door.

Quinn drops her mouth to the crook of Rachel's neck, causing the brunette to tilt her head away to give her more room. She puts up her hands up near Quinn's and sighs, contently. "I missed you so much," Quinn whispers in her ear.

"I can't believe you brought me back to my own home to make out with me," Rachel says, bursting out into laughter again.

"You gotta admit it was a pretty ingenious idea," Quinn says while moving a hand up beneath Rachel's tee. "Didn't you miss me?"

Rachel nods along, "of course I did. And your idea was very smart." She settles her own hand on top of Quinn's daring one and continues the way up. Turning her chin slightly to the other side, Rachel captures Quinn's lips in her own.

"How long do you think we have before they notice we arrived?" Quinn finally turns Rachel so they can kiss properly. She loves Rachel's lips so so so much, it's a little crazy. She watches Rachel think about her question.

"Hopefully they don't for a really long time," Rachel says wiggling her eyebrows and kissing Quinn again. They start walking toward the bed - Quinn almost tripping backwards. Rachel pushes on Quinn's shoulder and laughs as she climbs on top of her-

"Gilrs? Are you home?" Leroy is yelling at them from the bottom of the stairs.

Rachel mutters, "fuck," while Quinn shakes her head, "no way."

"Girls?!" He tries again.

Quinn responds, "yup! Coming right down!" She breathes out and smiles at Rachel. "We gotta get down there."

"I am not happy," Rachel states, visibly frustrated. Quinn kind of lets out a cute giggle which makes Rachel rolls her eyes good-heartedly, lean in for one last peck, and stand. She takes Quinn's hand. "Okay, let's go," she says with a soft smile.

Quinn follows Rachel happily. Today is a significant day for her, not only because she's now a college graduate but also because her mother is at the Berry's, and they will all be enjoying a meal together.

It is a little daunting, because of what happened during Thanksgiving in New York with the drinking and the arguing, but still exciting. There's hope within her that maybe this will actually be a good time. She, somehow, believes her mother is here to stay now.

"You guys okay?" Santana asks, holding back laughter behind a hand. She clearly knows what they were up to, and her question is just so the parents will start asking too. "You both look a little... Flustered."

Before anyone else has the chance to make a comment, Rachel replies, "We raced down the stairs. I won." She had been thinking of an excuse for their state since they left her room. She just had a feeling Santana would want to point it out.

Quinn gasps and takes the smallest step away from Rachel, who turns at her with a smile. Basically saying Quinn has to go with it or they will be busted.

"I let her win though," Quinn responds with a smirk as she puts an arm around Rachel's shoulder to pull her closer. "Isn't that right, babe?"

"Whatever," Rachel says and shoots a glance and a smile at Quinn that tells her to be careful. "Whatever helps you sleep at night, honey."