Alpha Delta Phi

[NOTE: The first couple of paragraphs aren't the most fun to read, but they do give some insight on B's sorority, which is important. But if you want to get down to the good stuff, scroll down to the bolded M. Thanks! ❤️ ]

Blog #4:
Getting ready for college has been stressful as fuck. I got a job right off campus at a coffee shop, called The Brew. The money I make from that will go toward taking care of myself, like buying clothes, gas for my car, room appliances, food, etc.

My mom agreed to work with my dad, pull their money together, buy my books and whip out the bonds they arranged for me when I was a baby. Just ecstatic is my mood right now. Money was my biggest worry, so now that that's out the way, I can relax and turn up.

After a long week of discussing my accomplishments, interests and what I know about what's going on the world, I made it. Philanthropist activities involve going out and picking up trash off the sides of roads and in parks, volunteer work and hosting charity events to raise money for good causes.

We have a big ass mansion and I heard they throw the wildest parties. College is supposed to be the best time of my life, and I'm ready. I have to room with 6 girls: Jessie, Falisha, Danny, Candy and LaLa. LaLa and I are the only freshman and new pledgees in our room. The rest were sophomores and juniors.

Right now everyone seems friendly, but the house is huge, with a lot more girls. I know I can't be friends with everyone, but I want to have good relationships with as many as possible.

I'm gonna be on my best behavior because I have no money to spare if I get fined for breaking any rules. Another big part of Alpha Delta Phi are charity events hosted by us, so that seems fun, but looks like it swallows time. I'm willing to stay committed, though. Ever since I was little I wanted to be in a sorority.

There are social events every week like mixers and parties, which are time consuming. In the midst of all this are my classes. My major is interior designing. I hope I'll be able to juggle it all, and at least now, I know I have no time for boys or slacking. No bullshit.

Ms. Perkins, Alpha Delta Phi's house mom, sat all the new pledgees down yesterday in the living room. I met LaLa during recruiting week and she seemed cool. We've been Snapchatting about the sorority ever since. LaLa has a shiny, light skin complexion and curly blonde hair with faded brown highlights that were barely noticeable. It suited her well. She was gorgeous. So of course when I'd seen her familiar face, I sat next to her. There were about 50 seats and Ms. Perkins was standing in front of everyone.

Ms. Perkins: "Welcome, new members of Alpha Delta Phi." she hollered, followed by a welcoming smile. Everyone clapped and cheered. She had shoulder-length blonde hair, glasses, was white and short with an Alpha Delta Phi green and orange bracelet around her wrist. I'm not very fond of the colors but whatever.

After a while Ms. Perkins introduced the only girl to the left of her, and her name was Kasey. I pegged Kasey as a cool girl. She had dark brown hair, was wearing a white crop top with ripped jeans and a plaid red and black shirt around her waist. Ms. Perkins told us although she'll be at the house often, Kasey's a junior and will be taking care of the house and girls while she's absent. Now on to the good stuff.

Ms. Perkins stayed at the house until 8 last night, but then Kasey sat the new girls down on her room floor around 8:15. LaLa and I sat down in front of Kasey's flat screen which was across from her and Ashley's bunk bed. The room had pictures hung up on every wall. They were of volunteer work, charity and fundraising events, other Alpha Delta members, the annual winter ball, and many other parties.