Prologue to Book 2:

Blog #33:

The part of my bed I had yet to venture to was ice cold, making the hairs on my arm stick up as I brushed against the sheets. I twisted and turned for another 5 minutes. It was almost as if I were already awake, heavily anticipating my alarm.

Work is where I'm at peace and leave behind all the drama. That's right- I'm The Game's new interior designer.

Well, technically not because he wanted the pool area done to see if I did good with that. You know, baby steps. If he's satisfied, he said we'll see about his game room; which he wants equipped with a hover board, pool table, flat screen and arcade games.

The alarm went off in my ear and I immediately poked my head from under the covers to awkwardly examine the room.

I'm really starting to love this new set up. With a two-bedroom apartment, I don't necessarily have to share a room with two other girls. And I wouldn't if they weren't all I've got right now.

One room's for studying and watching Netflix, and the other is my sanctuary. After the whole Alpha Delta Phi situation blew up, LaLa, Amy and myself decided it'd be best to separate ourselves.

After their poor excuse for investigating, I want nothing to do with that sorority and I'll do everything in my power to bring it down.

Our room has a bed at the window, one to the right of the room and one bed to the left. I of course have the bed to the left of the room, and a make up section behind my bed. Some routines die hard.

Turning off the alarm and climbing out of bed, I threw on some neutral make up and a grey pair of sweatpants from PINK to match my grey hoodie.

LaLa walked in the room with a coffee in her hand. Her hair was in rollers and she was still in her pajamas- despite her classes starting early in the morning. She curled up on her bed in the middle of the room and checked her Twitter.

LaLa: "Damn, you're up early." she giggled, sipping her coffee.
B: "Gotta make this money. You seen Amy?" I gathered all my stuff and sat it at the end of my bed.
LaLa: "You just missed her by an hour or so. Said she wanted to go to some yoga class before her therapy session, which you're supposed to be giving her a ride to."
B: "Shit, that's today?" I asked, slicking my hair back into a bun.
LaLa: "B, you need to get a grip. I swear after we all moved in together it's like your life became books and that damn pool. We miss you." she persisted, sipping her coffee.

I rolled my eyes and applied some edge control. Thinking about the busy day ahead of me I realized I need a break every once and a while, too.

B: "I signed up online to mentor a group of girls and I think you should help me." I said, turning around and walking over to her bed. "It'll be fun."
LaLa: "I don't think that's such a good idea. I'm not the best with little kids."
B: "Actually, they're teen girls. Apparently they get into so much trouble that the people at the center don't know what to do with them anymore. They call them the 'fab five'." I mocked.
LaLa: "If it means we can spend time together, sure."
B: "Thanks love. I gotta get to Game's house. See you later." I grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter.

With a little under an hour left to spare, I had three stops to make: main campus book store to buy a book for math, meet with my professor and The Brew for my daily dose of raisin bagels and cream cheese.