The Gentlemen In the Bucket Hat

Blog #9:
I woke up this morning, got ready and was on time with everything. I decided not to straighten my hair to save time and I put in my nose ring to spice things up. After I packed my bag and said my goodbyes, I went to get in the car. When I put the key in the ignition it made a CRKKKKKK noise, so I knew I had to call Triple A when I got home. Nobody knows me enough to say, "Sure you can borrow my car." or "I'll drop you off." I started tearing up because I'm spoiled and I hate when things don't go my way. I tried to hurry and catch the tear before it smeared my eyeliner and stopped sulking when I remembered I had Ricky's number.

I was sitting on the front steps of Alpha Delta Phi, scrolling down my timeline on Twitter. A grey car pulled up and beeped the horn but it didn't register.

Ricky: "B!" His voice gave me the oils. It was so deep but soft, too. If that makes sense 😩.
B: "Stop yelling at me, I'm coming." I said getting off the steps, dragging my bag. I got in the car and slammed the door.
Ricky: "Good morning." he told me. His car smelled so good, like cologne. He was wearing a bucket hat and sweater with jeans and his forces. I put on my seat belt and plugged my phone into the AUX chord.
"Who told you you could do that?" he asked laughing. Commas by Future came on.
B: "Good morning. Thanks for picking me up and my music A1, stop trying to play me." he laughed.
Ricky: "I have classes in a half hour anyway. You need me to pick you up for your classes, too?"
B: "Yeah.. Why you being so nice to me? I know I hurt your feelings about the whole Jacob thing. And I'm sorry about your blue balls." We started laughing.
Ricky: "You was right, too. I should have defended you to Jake. How was your date?"
B: "Horrible. Let's not even discuss it." I said looking at my phone.
Ricky: "Sorry to hear that."
B: "No you not." I said laughing.
Ricky: "Well what you doing around 4:00?"
B: "Studying in the park."
Ricky: "Well I like to study. Let me study with you."
B: "Sounds like a plan." I said looking out the window. We were up the street from The Brew when he parked his car.
Ricky: "I'll take you to the store if you give me a kiss." I started laughing.
B: "Why do you always do this? I'm walking." I said laughing, opening the car door. I got out and started walking down the block as he drove slowly, holding up cars.
Ricky: "All of that instead of just kissing me?"
B: "Bye Ricky." I said waving, smiling.

I walked in a few minutes early and put my bag in my locker. Carly greeted me with a smile and said to grab an apron because I was serving tables. For 10 minutes I went back and forth serving frappacinos, lattes and coffees when I had to serve a blueberry muffin and orange juice to a gentleman in a bucket hat. Was he serious?! I walked to the back and it was Ricky.

He was on his phone and when I got to the table, I slammed his muffin down and started walking away. He ran in front of me and started pushing me towards the back by my hips. The back of the brew had tan walls that covered the left and right side, so Carly probably couldn't see us.

B: "I'm a waitress, I have tables to serve."
Ricky: "I know but just give me a kiss. If you don't feel anything then I won't come study with you later. I'll leave you alone." He pulled my body against his and we looked each other in the eyes. He put his hand behind my ear and put his tongue in my mouth. I couldn't take him seriously. I didn't want to. I don't like being vulnerable. I pulled away after a minute.
B: "Okay, I gotta go." I said leaving. He grabbed my hand softly.
Ricky: "So I'm gonna see you later, right?" He bit his lip.
B: "Yup." I walked from the back smiling and Carly walked toward me with an angry look on her face. "Hey Carly, wassup?"
Carly: "I need for you to not take so long. I like you, B. But if your not on your A-game from now on, you're fired. No more being late. Or taking forever to deliver a muffin."