Trophy Wives

Blog #16:

After Ricky and I had a conversation about Vanessa, I considered the situation she was in. I decided that it wouldn't kill me to get to know Vanessa because she is a cool girl and she definitely knows how to party. At least she was herself and kept it real, so I have no problem, with helping her get through her problems.

Since Ricky, Ant and Nick made the football team, we're going to the movies to celebrate. They wanted something lowkey since they were all tired. LaLa and I thought it'd be a good idea to invite Vanessa for sort of a blind date with Nick. Vanessa was on the bigger side but still a gorgeous woman and Nick was an asshole, so I was hoping things went well.

After waking up late in the afternoon then studying for a few hours, it was 7:00 before I knew it. The day went by so fast but I was happy to celebrate my baby's efforts and achievements.

Ricky wore a white-T and some jeans with his white Air Forces. I was showered and ready by 8:00, wearing a hoodie and skinny jeans with my red, white and black Jordans. LaLa had on a white crop top with some grey sweat pants, and we did our make-up on the road since we were meeting the guys at Ricky crib.

Nick took forever getting ready, eyeing me every time I walked out of Ricky and Ant's room. LaLa was sitting on the couch with Ant, play fighting most of the time, while everybody waited for Ricky to finish scrubbing his sneaks with a toothbrush. My baby was always up to par.

We were going to the movies first and Vanessa said she was going to meet us there. All 5 of us piled into Ricky's car and headed to the movies, where Vanessa was already standing outside waiting, on her phone.

Ricky let everybody out and went to park the car which only took a little bit. Anthony and LaLa separated theirselves from Nick and I as we walked over to Vanessa.

B: "Nick, this is Vanessa. Vanessa, Nick." I said, making introductions.
Vanessa: "Nice to meet you."
Nick: "You too." Nick said politely with a flashy smile. Ricky walked up behind me and threw his arm over my shoulder.
Ricky: "I see yall 2 getting acquainted. Hi Vanessa, I heard a lot about you."
Vanessa: "I hope it was good." she said, followed by a fake smile.
Ricky: "Come on love birds it's cold as shit. Let's go in and get the tickets." he yelled to LaLa and Ant.

We walked in with Ricky and I in front, holding hands and discussing whether to see a scary movie or a funny one. I like both but as long as we all agreed it didn't matter. Nick and Vanessa were behind LaLa and Ant, making small talk.

We ordered tickets for the scary movie, Finding April. Our movie didn't start for another 20 minutes so us girls went to the bathroom to freshen up. As soon as Vanessa, LaLa and myself got to the sinks in the bathroom, I started asking questions.

B: "So how do you like Nick so far."
Vanessa: "He seem okay but I don't think I'm his type."
B: "Why you say that?"
Vanessa: "I don't know I'm just in a slump. I barely felt like getting out of bed. Don't get me wrong though, I still appreciated yall invite. Just going through some things." she said, applying lip gloss. I really wanted to know what those things were, but I'm not one to pry.
B: "Well the night is still young. We bout to see a scary movie so he definitely gonna be in your ear. Give him time." I said laughing.
LaLa: "Yeah he'll come around."
B: "How's you and Ant? Yall seem like everything's going extremely well."
LaLa: "It is, and if it continues I may sleepover tonight." she said, sticking out her tongue.

We walked out the bathroom laughing as I took a seat near Nick, who was on his phone sitting down. I looked around and didn't see Ricky.

Nick: "Your boyfriend in the bathroom."
B: "I figured."
Nick: "What you talking to me for, then?"
B: "Damn, I can't talk to you?"
Nick: "No you can, I'm just fuckin with you."
B: "Well wassup with you and Vanessa?" I asked.
Nick: "She seem cool and all but she not my type."
B: "And what is your type? Thots?"
Nick: "You." he said looking up from his phone, smiling.
B: "You know what my type is?"
Nick: "What?" he asked seductively.
B: "Niggas like him." I said pointing at Ricky, smiling. He had just walked out the bathroom and started approaching me.