Burden

Blog #25:

That Friday night, LaLa and I were seated at our booth in the back of T.G.I Fridays. I told her I wanted to get a bite to eat and catch up, since we've barely had time to talk because of classes and everything.

LaLa: "Ard B, we have two hours before Ms. Perkin's house meeting."
B: "I know. I just wanna catch up. These days I'm either with Ricky or Nick or you're with Ant." I said looking through the menu, even though I already knew what I wanted.
LaLa: "Well you first. Tell me about you and Ricky."
B: "Well he wanted to get a piece of this the other night, but I said no."
LaLa: "You? Say no to him? I'm shocked." she said playfully. I rolled my eyes.
B: "I don't know why you say that. Ricky lied and cheated on me. I don't know; I'm starting to think I'm just keeping him around because he took my virginity. Like that's big and I don't want to let go."
LaLa: "I understand. I wish I held out as long as you. I lost my virginity in 10th grade to Jared Palms, but after I gave it up we stopped talking. It was like a hit and quit thing.. for both of us."
B: "I'm kind of wishing I held out a little longer, myself."
LaLa: "No regrets. Can't change the past. Wassup with Nick?"
B: "Nothing." I said smiling.
LaLa: "Then why are you blushing?" Hearing his name puts butterflies in my stomach.
B: "Well the whole time he drove me around we argued. Then Carly fired me and he felt bad so we went to Walmart to get snacks and stuff for when we watched Netflix."
LaLa: "You got fired? I'm sorry B." she said poking out her bottom lip. I rubbed my lips together.
B: "It's okay, that's what I get. Anyway, Nick and I were watching Netflix and one thing led to another and.."
LaLa: "You didn't!"
B: "We had sex." I started to whisper. "He made me squirt. It was by far the best I've ever had." I laughed, running my fingers through my hair. She made faces like she was excited but surprised.
LaLa: "So where do yall stand? You need to pick one."
B: "You're right. Nick and I were having a little pillow talk about it, too. So I decided I'll tell Ricky the morning of the Winter Royale, since the night before will be the game against Duke."
LaLa: "Oh I get it. You don't want to distract him. Sounds like a plan- speaking of the game against Duke, Ms.Perkins may not let us go."

LaLa was interrupted when the waitress walked up next to her, as I flipped the menu page, looking for desserts.

Waitress: "Hi I'm Vanessa and I'll be taking your order." Her familiar voice made me pick my head up.
B: "You're kidding."
LaLa: "Chill, B."

I hadn't spoken to Vanessa since she did me dirty and I blackened her eye. As soon as she noticed who we were her eyes popped and she choked, looking like she couldn't speak anymore.

LaLa: "Just get us a new waitress." she said calmly. I rolled my eyes because she was still standing there.
B: "Why are you still here?"
Vanessa: "I never got to tell you my side of the story. I got an invite to the Winter Royale, from this girl, Cassie. You know her?"
LaLa: "Yeah. Fuck is ya point?" she asked, turning red. Damn she was more mad than me. That's a ride or die.
Vanessa: "Well I'm going. It's in a week right? I just want us to be on good terms. I don't know what Ricky told you, but I assume it wasn't the whole truth.

LaLa and I looked at each other, debating on whether to listen to her silly ass or continue our conversation.

LaLa: "There is 2 sides to every story, B." she said with one hand under her chin, looking up at Vanessa.
B: "Take a seat." She sat next to LaLa then pushed back her hair.
Vanessa: "Ricky invited me over. He said it was the anniversary of his mom's death, and that he didn't want to burden you, but needed somebody to talk to. When I got there he was hysterical and all over the place. He popped a perk or 2 and I could smell alcohol on his breath. I tried to sober him up and then call you, but he begged me not to."
LaLa: "So... how you end up on his dick?"
Vanessa: "That part was all me. I initiated it but he definitely wanted it to happen. I never meant to hurt you. But he invited me over with the intentions of having sex, because when I got there he was all touchy-feely. I should've left, but I've got my own problems and I needed someone to talk to. He's actually hit me up a couple times after the fact, asking if I could come over again. I turned him down, though. I really am sorry. If you don't believe me I-"
LaLa: "We don't." she said meanly. I nodded my head in agreement.
Vanessa: "Well I have screenshots of our text messages." she said, pulling her blue iPhone from her jeans pocket.
B: "Let me see."