Chapter 6: Albion and The Five Kingdoms

It has been weeks since I saw Faldin. We stopped somewhere and got horses and reduced our travel time. I just had to follow Alex and that was it. We kept our armor on at all time. I didn't have my helmet anymore, but with no combat it was not an issue.

It started to get cold. Winter was coming and Alex only said we were getting closer. This place he speaks of, almost sounds like it does not exist. I woke up one night on the same horse as Alex. He had his arms around me while he controlled the horse and we were going fast through the woods.

"What did I miss?" I asked.

"I messed up. I crossed into Odin's land and now his men are onto us. We have to reach the kingdom by sunrise.

"Where's my horse?"

"It was shot by bolts."

I kept silent and watched as our horse ran through the forest and dodged every tree. Never once did this horse get tired.

We stopped on a cliff and Alex pointed out to a kingdom in the distance. It was huge and it was surrounded by trees. Just like Cardos was.

"That, Alice, is where we are going."

"Looks nice."

We continued to ride off and the sun was barely coming up. We got to the castle wall gates and rode into the courtyard with no problems.

A few men, possibly the stable workers, helped us off the horse and walked it away. While a knight came up to us.

"Sir Alexander has returned to us at last." The knight said. He wore his armor and sword, but no shield and no helmet.

"Well, it was urgent. I seek an audience with the king."

"I'm sure he will listen. Follow me." He walked us into the castle and up some stairs into a throne room. The castle was much more different than Cardos.

"Father?" The knight said.

"I thought we were looking for the king?" I asked.

"The king is my father."

I kept my mouth shut after that one. After walking around we were escorted into the same throne room with a bunch of knights and villagers standing aside. The king sat in his throne wearing his crown.

"So, Sir Alexander, Knight of Camelot has returned."

"Yes, Sire."

"What is it you ask of me?" The king sat proudly in his throne and the villagers stood by and the knights were paying well attention. I was standing next to Alex, but I felt so awkward being here.

"To be welcomed back. The land I had visited was much far away. I bring a guest like no other. She is a knight like me, but with a twist. Both of her parents were knights as well and both of her parents were King and Queen of Cardos.

"Is this girl here, the guest you speak highly of?" The king looked at me and then back to Alex.

"Yes, Sire."

"That would make her a princess. Born of royalty and nobility. You are quite right. Your wish is granted Alexander." The king stood up from his throne.

"I, Uther Pendragon, and the rest of Camelot will welcome Sir Alexander's return and his lovely guest. What is her name?"

"Alice." Alex answered and I stood there nervously. I know of King Uther...

"The lovely guest Alice, Princess of Cardos, from The Outer Kingdoms." The crowd applauded as we were welcomed, but I stood there silent and scared.

I know what Camelot is and I know who Uther is. The slayer of magic. If he found out that I had magic. I would be burned alive or beheaded in front of the kingdom. I tried to play it off.

"Arthur?" The king spoke. "See to it that our guests have rooms for as long as they are here."

"Yes, father." Arthur said and guided us to our rooms. We came to Alex's room first and Arthur let him explore. Then it was my room down the hall.

"So tell me Alice. How did you get so lucky in life?"

"What do you mean by 'lucky'?" Prince Arthur had brownish blonde hair that I cant quite describe right now cause of my fear of being killed any moment.

"Well, you are a knight. Your parents being king and queen and are also knights--"

"Both my parents are dead." I said softly. He widened his eyes.

"Oh.. I am sorry for your loss. I never knew my mother. She died giving birth to me."

"I never knew my father. He was poisoned and we couldn't find the cure in time."

"There is something about you. I'd like to see how you fight." A grin grew across his face and I felt a smile across mine as well.

"I can beat you easily, Prince Arthur." I was trying hard not to sound over confident.

"Try me, Princess Alice."

"Tomorrow morning."

"You got yourself a deal."

We shook hands and he left me to my room and I went straight to the bed and fell asleep. I had another dream. It felt real and it seemed like I was there.

It was a dark room and I saw two familiar people. Leonard and Kelly kneeling down at the feet of a man. He had long black hair and dark red eyes.

"It is quite the travel my lord." Leonard said.

"My son is right, we are too far away from Camelot to make the journey." Kelly added.

The man sat in his throne looking so confident, but disgusted.

"I have spent ages, hunting down my enemies no matter the issue. You will find and bring me Alice Bennet alive. I want to see the light leave her eyes."

He stood up and put his hands on the head of Leonard. "I grant you the power of magic. Now go find Alice."

"Yes, Percy, I mean my lord." A whip formed in Percy's hands and he whipped Leo across the face. The sound of the whip smacking Leonard sounded like thunder in a storm. A giant scar was left across the right cheek

Kelly looked away, possibly trying not to see what just happened to her son.

"Speak of my name again and I will have all your powers stripped from you. I will tear apart your very soul and devour who you are."

He turned to Kelly who started to look pale. She fell over without any sound. Her eyes began to look black and Percy made the whip transform into a sword and he shoved it into Kelly's chest.

I woke up screaming in the middle of the night. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest. I got out of bed and pulled off my armor. I was so tired I fell asleep in it again.

I walked over to a bench and sat down. I stared out into the night and focused on the bright full moon. Arthur threw my door open and ran in a bit worried. He had his sword out and ready.

"What happened? Why were you screaming?" He asked.

"A really bad dream. Just a reminder of how I lost my parents and closest friend."