Chapter 25: Death of A Warrior

Leo threw me off of him. I rolled a bit and pushed myself off the ground and stood up slowly. I could see Leo running at me. I then ran at him. We collided swords over and over again.

He tried to kick me, but I slammed my shield on his leg. He began to limp as his armor was bent inwards where I hit his leg.

Leo shot fire out of his hands and I blocked it with my shield. I turned the ground around him to mud, then quicksand.

He didn't realize as he threw more fire at me. He was letting himself fall into the pit of sand. I blocked all the fire, but my shield was starting to charr up. It couldn't take more of that.

I watched as Leo was dug into the sand. His knees were covered up and his barely noticed what had happened.

He tossed his sword aside and reached his arms down to pull his legs out. It clearly didn't work. He tried to pull himself out and no luck.

I walked up to him as his arms and body were now covered. Only his head remained. I turned the quicksand to stone.

"Tell me Leo, why did you go join Percy?"

"I was betrayed." He growled. I removed his helmet and the face I grew to recognize was gone. His face was bruised and scars covered him up. His hair was gone as well and as for his eyes, they were as red as Percy's.

"Who betrayed you?"

"Princess Alice did. She casted me away, banished me to the full extent. She didn't realize that I was just doing what my mentor wanted. He never planned for me to kill you. In fact he didn't care. He wanted to kill you."

"You still joined with my most hated enemy. You betrayed me the moment you looked to Percy as a mentor." I dropped my sword next to Leo's head.

"You were a fine warrior, Leonard. You were definitely a hero, that turned villain. I wish things ended differently."

"What do you plan on doing?"

"Just close your eyes." I said and I closed my own and turned away. The sword I dropped lifted off the ground to level with Leo's neck. The sword made a quick movement through Leo's neck. Killing him for sure.

In the end I still didn't have the guts to end him myself. I turned away and closed my eyes. The sword came back to my hand and I turned to see Leo's head laying on the ground. I made the stone go away and Leo's body and head fell into the pit. I then lit his body on fire.

"Time for the dragons"