Chapter 22: Head Trauma

I haven't slept in weeks. Every night it all comes back to me, clear as ever. The night in the storm when I killed my mother. Or that I did.

When Leo transformed into his evil self. Choking me as if I was never something to him.

Then watching my mother fade away was hard to watch. Even my father's death showed up in my dreams. His poisoned drink. His sudden collapse.

I'd wake up every night alone in the darkness. I would be sweating or crying or in so much pain. I don't know what it was.

I woke up one night and even grabbed my sword and tried to kill patrolling knights. I can't sleep with my armor in my room anymore because it proved to be dangerous.

My friends finally returned to Cardos. They spent the time making the defenses better for when the battle comes.

In the days, I would struggle. I could barely move out of my room and into the dining hall to do anything. I was weak.

I remember one morning, I was going down the steps and lost feelings in my legs and fell down a bunch of steps.

I was a survivor though, I had to push on and accept this challenge.

I tried to train the new knights, but they ended up carrying me to the sidelines each time. I couldn't do anything. It had to be Percy. It had to be that spear that I took.

I got the spear and snapped it, even burned it, including the ashes.

I was getting mad at myself and scared at the same time. I was turning into darkness it seemed. Wanting revenge.

After a dinner one night, Alex came up to me, like every night to see if I was getting better. And I was, a little.

I told him to make sure no one came to my room this night. He said sure and left the throne room.

I walked up to my room and barricaded the door. No one can get in if they tried.

I walked over to a shelf and pulled out an orb.

It was a light blue sphere, it was something very important at this time.

I set it down on the table and spoke to it for a while. When I finished I put it in a brown bag and placed it by the door. I removed the barricade and went to sleep.

.