Chapter 27: Witness

I, Alexander, ran to the forest when I saw Alice leading the dragons away from the castle and into the forest. I saw Henry and Adelle and told them to follow. The dragons above began to light the forest on fire and Alice was in the middle of it.

I ran ahead of the other two, I wasn't going to let her face them alone. I had to dodge some burning branches, but it would be worth it.

I caught up to Alice and she fell over a burning branch that fell down. I ran up to her. "We fight the dragons together." I said and she smiled. I helped her up and went to draw my sword. I was blasted back by a wave of wind. All three of us, besides Alice.

I landed on my back and saw Alice create a white shield around herself and the dragons. She was gonna face them alone.

She stood there looking at them as they lowered their heads.

I ran to shield and pounded on it. Adelle and Henry joined.

"She's crazy." Henry yelled.

"Alice dont do this." I said to the bubble, she probably couldn't here us.

I kept pounding on it and she turned to us and looked back at the dragons.

I stepped back from the bubble and looked at her one last time. That girl that always had the black ponytail. She dropped her shield and sword and then took of her helmet and dropped it into the dirt below.

"This is it." I said.

"Don't say that, Alex." Adelle cried out.

"This is what she planned...the pact we made with the orb. It was all planned." I starred as the dragons let out their dragon breath.

A moment before the fire hit Alice, I swear I saw a flash of white light.

The fire filled the whole shield. All we could see was fire consuming the shield. Red and Blue flames. Even purple.

"She gave her life to save the kingdom. For good." Henry said.

"Yea, she did." I took off my armor and left my sword and shield behind. I stood at the edge of the shield and put my hand on it as the flames began to disappear.