Chapter 30: The Knight of Cardos

I carried Alice one last time out to the boat she wished to burn on. I laid her down in the boat full of grass and branches. I pushed the boat away as the archers behind me lifted their bows and shot out the flaming arrows.

Alice's boat took fire and she began to burn crossing the lake. We watched as the boat began to sink and she was truly gone.

We all gathered to dine and celebrate in the throne room. Only the throne was a normal chair for now. I pushed aside the throne Alice and Claire sat upon. They deserved to be honored for their sacrifices.

"The Knight of Cardos was our friend and our queen. She was something to admire.

I looked up to her like any one would look at the stars at night. Alice was something amazing. She could never be forgotten. I do my best to live up to her last request. That was to dine like Royalty.

All of Cardos will share in the drinking of a noble sacrifice. To the Knight of Cardos and all that led us here to be alive." I put down my chalice and walked out of the throne room to admire the Cyrus statue. To think this a happened because this dragon attacked Waltendale.

I pulled off my crown and held it in my hand.

"Beautiful statue isn't it?" Someone said. I turned to see a girl wearing a hood. Black hooded robes.

"Yes it is. A long story behind it."

"You can tell me and I will finish the details that you miss." She said and even laughed a little.

"Sounds like you know the story better."

"I only lived the last half of it."

What an ending!! I hope you all enjoyed it and you know what. I'm not sorry for that cliff hanger cheese I just pulled. Just gonna have to wait and see what I write next. Thank you all for the ones who have made it this far.